Plot timing problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plot timing problems?

I plot arrows to indicate confirmed buy and sell signals. If price does not return to my entry price before travelling too far towards the profit target I cancel the trade and re plot the arrow as a thin arrow. On occaision the arrow replots on a candle one or two candles later than the original location. I have printed out the instructed location and it is correct. It seems that the EFS takes a little time to construct the arrow. If a new candle forms before the arrow is actually placed on the chart, the arrow is plotted one candle to the right of the candle it was instructed to be plotted on. The time lag seems to cause this problem.

I have also noticed that if there is a sudden burst of activity and several candles are painted at the same time and if an arrow was to be plotted on one of those candles that the arrow is always plotted on the last candle of the burst rather than the correct candle.

Has anybody else experienced this type of behavior and do they have a solution to correct it?

Re: Plot timing problems?

bmgregg
    You may want to post your code or a working example that illustrates the issue so that someone can try to determine what the problem may be and offer a solution.
    Alex

Originally posted by bmgregg
    I plot arrows to indicate confirmed buy and sell signals. If price does not return to my entry price before travelling too far towards the profit target I cancel the trade and re plot the arrow as a thin arrow. On occaision the arrow replots on a candle one or two candles later than the original location. I have printed out the instructed location and it is correct. It seems that the EFS takes a little time to construct the arrow. If a new candle forms before the arrow is actually placed on the chart, the arrow is plotted one candle to the right of the candle it was instructed to be plotted on. The time lag seems to cause this problem.

I have also noticed that if there is a sudden burst of activity and several candles are painted at the same time and if an arrow was to be plotted on one of those candles that the arrow is always plotted on the last candle of the burst rather than the correct candle.

Has anybody else experienced this type of behavior and do they have a solution to correct it?

Comment

Working...
    X