Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• programming question

Hi Folks,
    I'm having a bit of an issue with a script i run on a 5 sec chart and I was wondering if someone else might have run into this same problem. Aside from the script stopping broadcasting global variables, after running it for some time i notice that when i go to re-load or remove it, the name of the script is missing in the list of running scripts to either remove or reload. (see image). Is it possible that I'm running into some sort of loop where the memory alloted for this chart is being completely used up ? If this is the case, does anyone know of a utiility that might help me determine where my ineptitude in programming lies?
    Chris
    Attached Files

Hi Chris,

I've had this occur before, usually hapening when I have several execution contexts (creating stand-alone objects, efsInternal/External calls, Library objects, etc) and I have an error in one of them.

When confronted with this, I will output something from each distinct functional object and wait to see which one stops working first.

Another thing to consider is using the JavaScript Verifier in one of the links below my signature. While the Lint tool does not recognize eSignal functions or objects, it has been quite helpful for me. It will likely be quite painful when you start off as the Lint tool is quite restrictive as to the code structure it expects to see. Provided you are willing to conform, you will have consistent error-free code. To start off, check one function at a time and be prepared to invest a significant chunk of time to understand the output of the Lint tool. Once you check each function and make them error free, combine them and continue.

FWIW, I cannot remember having the subject problem since I have started using this Lint tool.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

Thanks Steve !!!
      The Lint Tool is great and you're right ....lol.... very painful BUT exceptionally helpful. Thanks for the heads up and I solved my problem !

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Your most welcome, great to hear that was helpful to you figuring things out.

Comment

Anyone using a newer lint tool? Something that doesn't choke on all of the special efs commands.

Comment

Working...
          X