gmail and Alert.email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmail and Alert.email?

hey guys, ive written an efs that seems to be relatively decent at picking entries and exits, but im not always at my computer when it happens, so i was hoping to get email alerts sent to my PDA, ive tried everything i can to set esignal up to send an email to my gmail account (seeng as how gmail has pop3 support now) but i cant for the life of me get my efs to send an email, could anyone provide any suggestions?

kalzenith
    If I am not mistaken the Gmail servers require authentication in which case you may want to review the information and the solutions provided in this article of the eSignal KnowledgeBase and in the thread mentioned in the article
    Alex

Originally posted by kalzenith
    hey guys, ive written an efs that seems to be relatively decent at picking entries and exits, but im not always at my computer when it happens, so i was hoping to get email alerts sent to my PDA, ive tried everything i can to set esignal up to send an email to my gmail account (seeng as how gmail has pop3 support now) but i cant for the life of me get my efs to send an email, could anyone provide any suggestions?

Comment

awesome i got it working, but now im coming up with an error.. i know it must be a simple syntax error, but i cant seem to spot it, could anyone else possibly find it?

its telling me this, and referencing the line that has the Alert.email command
      Small Profits.efs, line 47: SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list:
      if (isLastBarOnChart() == true) Alert.email(getSymbol() + "Stopped out at $" close() + " for a loss of $" + Temp.toFixed(2) + "/share", "$" + Temp.toFixed(2)))

PHP Code:
      Temp close() - LastEntry
      if (vLastAlert == && close() > LastEntry  + (atr(3,-1))) 
      {

Alert.playSound("E:\\Program Files\\eSignal\\Sounds\\Long Target Reached.wav")

Strategy.doSell(""Strategy.CLOSEStrategy.THISBARStrategy.DEFAULT, 0)

debugPrintln(Temp.toFixed(2))

drawTextRelative(0close(), Temp.toFixed(2), Color.RGB(255,255,255), Color.RGB(0,0,0), Text.LEFT"Arial"9)
          if (
      isLastBarOnChart()  == trueAlert.email(getSymbol() + "Long target reached at $" close() + " for a profit of $" Temp.toFixed(2) + "/share",  "$" Temp.toFixed(2))

vLastAlert 3

Comment

kalzenith
        You omitted to add a + between $" and close()
        Alex

awesome i got it working, but now im coming up with an error.. i know it must be a simple syntax error, but i cant seem to spot it, could anyone else possibly find it?

its telling me this, and referencing the line that has the Alert.email command
        Small Profits.efs, line 47: SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list:
        if (isLastBarOnChart() == true) Alert.email(getSymbol() + "Stopped out at $" close() + " for a loss of $" + Temp.toFixed(2) + "/share", "$" + Temp.toFixed(2)))

PHP Code:
        Temp close() - LastEntry
        if (vLastAlert == && close() > LastEntry  + (atr(3,-1))) 
        {

Alert.playSound("E:\\Program Files\\eSignal\\Sounds\\Long Target Reached.wav")

Strategy.doSell(""Strategy.CLOSEStrategy.THISBARStrategy.DEFAULT, 0)

debugPrintln(Temp.toFixed(2))

drawTextRelative(0close(), Temp.toFixed(2), Color.RGB(255,255,255), Color.RGB(0,0,0), Text.LEFT"Arial"9)
            if (
        isLastBarOnChart()  == trueAlert.email(getSymbol() + "Long target reached at $" close() + " for a profit of $" Temp.toFixed(2) + "/share",  "$" Temp.toFixed(2))

vLastAlert 3

Comment

it all seems to be working perfectly, thanks for the help

Comment

kalzenith
            You are welcome
            Alex

it all seems to be working perfectly, thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
            X