Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combining 2 efs studies

Hi,
    Could somebody show me what the coding would be for the following efs study:

All I want to do is combine the results of two seperate efs studies (that I created), into a new efs study.

eg: New Study = study A + study B

Many thanks,
    Paul

Re: combining 2 efs studies

Paul
    The easiest way to do that is to use the efsExternal() function (see the link to the EFS Knowledgebase article for the description and syntax of the function) to call each efs and then use the values returned by the calls in your calculations eg
    PHP Code:
    var myStudy1 efsExternal("myEFS1.efs");
    var 
    myStudy2 efsExternal("myEFS2.efs");
    var 
    myNewStudy myStudy1.getValue(0)+myStudy2.getValue(0); 
    If you run a search through these forums for the keyword efsexternal* you will find many examples of the use of this function
    Alex

Originally posted by TURLIES
    Hi,
    Could somebody show me what the coding would be for the following efs study:

All I want to do is combine the results of two seperate efs studies (that I created), into a new efs study.

eg: New Study = study A + study B

Many thanks,
    Paul

Comment

Thanks a lot Alex, I've just completed the study now.

I did have a look through your posts on this topic, but the efs coding seemed quite complex, compared to the the basic study that I needed.

Paul

Comment

Paul
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by TURLIES
        Thanks a lot Alex, I've just completed the study now.

I did have a look through your posts on this topic, but the efs coding seemed quite complex, compared to the the basic study that I needed.

Paul

Comment

how do you combine 4 studies

I would also like to combine 4 efs studies
          could you do this. and how do you label each stucy

Comment

Re: how do you combine 4 studies

sjsr
            You would do it in the same way as shown in the example posted earlier in this thread
            Alex

Originally posted by sjsr
            I would also like to combine 4 efs studies
            could you do this. and how do you label each stucy

Comment

getting errors

I do not understand it, How do i add it to my code. I keep getting errors.

Comment

sjsr
                That is a generic code example to illustrate the use of the efsExternal() function which allows you to retrieve the values returned by other formulas. You will need to adapt that example to your script as the naming of the variables, the paths to the external formulas and their filenames are specific to each formula.
                For some practical examples of how to use the efsExternal() function see this thread. Also [as I suggested earlier] see the link to the EFS KnowledgeBase for the description and syntax of the function and search the forums as you will find other examples that you can use as a blueprint for your script.
                Alex

Originally posted by sjsr
                I do not understand it, How do i add it to my code. I keep getting errors.

Comment

Working...
                X