Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS external

Hello all,

I was trying to write a custom study when I got an error because I was trying to reference more than 7 symbols within the study. So now my latest thought is to break the study down into two studies, and then call them as EFS externals.

I am a little confused with the process. From what I've read in the knowledge base you must include the directory / file path of the location where the EFS is located that you are trying to call.

I assume that would mean somthing like this

var xStudy = efsExternal(C:,Program Files, Esignal, Formulas, My Custom Indicator);

1 - How important is the capitalization? I assume extreamly. Is my capitalization correct??

2 - Am I correct in using comas in referenceing the file path or should I be using slashes / ???

3 - Does the entire file path and custom study name have to be in quotes?? Or just the name of the custom study, or none of it??

4 - The EFS study that I am trying to reference returns an array. Is that OK?

5 - Is the colon after the C correct or should I leave that off??

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks,

John

Re: EFS external

John
    1. The path is not case sensitive however I would suggest to always use the proper case as a habit
    2. You need to use slashes
    3. The entire path and efs filename (complete of file extension) must be in quotes
    4. The called efs can return an array. In order to retrieve the various elements of the array you will then need to use the getSeries() function. See the EFS KnowledgeBase for the description and syntax of the function. Also if you search the forum for the keyword efsexternal* you will find several detailed examples on how to use it.
    5. You need to include a path only if the calling efs is in a folder that is different from the one of the called efs. Also the path starts from the FormulaRoot which by default is Formulas so if for example the efs you are calling is in the EFS 2 Custom folder you would write "EFS 2 Custom/customXxxx.efs" as the path.
    Alex

Originally posted by xoprofittaker
    Hello all,

I was trying to write a custom study when I got an error because I was trying to reference more than 7 symbols within the study. So now my latest thought is to break the study down into two studies, and then call them as EFS externals.

I am a little confused with the process. From what I've read in the knowledge base you must include the directory / file path of the location where the EFS is located that you are trying to call.

I assume that would mean somthing like this

var xStudy = efsExternal(C:,Program Files, Esignal, Formulas, My Custom Indicator);

1 - How important is the capitalization? I assume extreamly. Is my capitalization correct??

2 - Am I correct in using comas in referenceing the file path or should I be using slashes / ???

3 - Does the entire file path and custom study name have to be in quotes?? Or just the name of the custom study, or none of it??

4 - The EFS study that I am trying to reference returns an array. Is that OK?

5 - Is the colon after the C correct or should I leave that off??

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks,

John

Comment

Thanks

Thaks Alexis,

That helps out alot!!

Thanks again,

John

Comment

Re: Thanks

John