Syntax Check on efs crashes eSignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syntax Check on efs crashes eSignal

for beta version: 10.1.1245.1279(5/29/2008)

When I click on the "Syntax Check" checkmark icon in the "EFS Editor" eSignal immediately crashes

This happens even after a clean install of the above version.

It happens when I open an efs from the MS Explorer window or when I open it from the eSignal menu.

When I reinstalled eSignal the first attempt to edit the efs worked but all subsequent ones FAILED.

Attached is one of the efs I tried (I tried several that have always worked fine).

Also, once I reloaded eSignal after the crash, the "Favorites" and "Other Intervals" dissapeared again (see previous post at: http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=27287)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by waynecd; 06-05-2008, 09:04 AM.

Hello Wayne,

The script you posted is fine. I'm not able to reproduce this crash on my end. There may still be something wrong with your current installation. Please make a backup copy of your \eSignal\ folder, run the installer again and select repair. Let us know if this resolves the problem.

Also, please be sure to submit the crash reports so our developers can investigate.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

waynecd
      Also at my end the syntax check is running through your efs without any crashes and is returning No Syntax Errors in the Formula Output window
      Alex

Comment

This is my setup. Maybe it has to do with how eSignal manages directories???

Create an “/eSignal/Mine/Page-Current/20080605/” directory. Then copy files in the attached zip file into it. Then copy the efs into the “/Formulas” directory and open it (it is also in the zip file) and try to edit it. If it works the first time close the efs and try to edit it again.

Some time ago I had to move alot of efs files from the /Formulas directory because eSignal would not display them when I tried to open efs studies in a chart. I moved unused/test etc efs files out of the eSignal/Formulas directory and left only those currently in use or testing.

I did another clean install and it happened again including the loss of the "Favorites" and "Other Intervals" folders.

I then did a repair and it happened again. I sent crash reports as requested.

I can use the "Formula Editor" as long as I don't click on the "check" icon on its menu bar and it will output errors to the "Formula Output" window.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by waynecd; 06-05-2008, 02:31 PM.

Comment

waynecd

Originally posted by waynecd
          This is my setup. Maybe it has to do with how eSignal manages directories???

Create an “/eSignal/Mine/Page-Current/20080605/” directory. Then copy files in the attached zip file into it. Then copy the efs into the “/Formulas” directory and open it (it is also in the zip file) and try to edit it. If it works the first time close the efs and try to edit it again.
          <SNIP>
          Assuming I correctly replicated the steps you outlined I seem to be able to edit the efs multiple times and run the syntax check without crashes as you can see in the enclosed animation (which runs for approximately 3 minutes)
          Alex

Comment

Following up on my previous post.
            As it was not clear from your description whether the folders were supposed to be in the existing eSignal directory (as shown in the animation in the previous post) or in a completely separate directory also called eSignal I repeated the same sequence using the latter file structure. Also in this case I had no issues in editing multiple times the efs and running the syntax check (see the enclosed animation which also runs for approximately 3 minutes).
            Alex

Comment

Alex, thanks so much for your follow-up.

I had problems with issues below all day yesterday. Last night I did another clean install and no problems this morining (as of 5:30 am).

The only difference with my last install was that I did not copy my old "TimeTemplates.xml" & "Favorites.xml" (never created a problem before) nor just install over the old version (this is when it all started).

So, FWIW, it seems that the latest version doesn't like the previous *.xml files.

Thanks again.

Comment

waynecd
                You are welcome.
                It is possible that those files got corrupted in one of the installs (or were already corrupted).
                FWIW at my end the Time Templates and Favorites (and other) xml files are the same ones carried over from prior versions as I always install the new versions over the existing ones.
                Alex

Originally posted by waynecd
                Alex, thanks so much for your follow-up.

I had problems with issues below all day yesterday. Last night I did another clean install and no problems this morining (as of 5:30 am).

The only difference with my last install was that I did not copy my old "TimeTemplates.xml" & "Favorites.xml" (never created a problem before) nor just install over the old version (this is when it all started).

So, FWIW, it seems that the latest version doesn't like the previous *.xml files.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X