Is EFS external getting data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is EFS external getting data

When I try to apply this study to a chart, I don't get any syntax errors, but I am not getting a plot other than the horizontal lines that I 've got coded into the pre main.

The objects being returned in the EFS external are named esPlot1 and esPlot2. I've tried putting those names into the getSeries perameters at line 55 and 57 instead of bispEs and I still get nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by xoprofittaker; 06-05-2008, 06:41 PM.

John
    In both efsExternal() calls you omitted to include the file extensions ie .efs in the paths (see the example I provided in my reply to you in this thread)
    Alex

Originally posted by xoprofittaker
    When I try to apply this study to a chart, I don't get any syntax errors, but I am not getting a plot other than the horizontal lines that I 've got coded into the pre main.

The objects being returned in the EFS external are named esPlot1 and esPlot2. I've tried putting those names into the getSeries perameters at line 55 and 57 instead of bispEs and I still get nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Thaks Alexis

Thanks Alexis,

I've made the changes and added the .efs to the end of the file extensions, however I still am not getting a plot. Am I doing anything else wrong??

Thanks,

John
      Attached Files
      Last edited by xoprofittaker; 06-06-2008, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Re: Thaks Alexis

John
        There are a few errors in your code.
        In lines 61, 63, 68 and 70 where you are trying to retrieve the additional series from the bispEs and bispNq series you are using the incorrect parameter in the getSeries() function. The first parameter needs to be that of the series from which you are retrieving the additional series in your case bispEs in lines 61 and 63 and bispNq in lines 68 and 70
        At this point you need to keep in mind that since you are initializing these series (ie IssuesEs, volumeEs, etc) once these are being cached so in order to use their values as you do in lines 73 and 75 you need to retrieve them using the getValue() method of the Series Object ie issuesEs.getValue(0), issuesNq.getValue(0), etc
        Alex

Thanks Alexis,

I've made the changes and added the .efs to the end of the file extensions, however I still am not getting a plot. Am I doing anything else wrong??

Thanks,

John

Comment

Thak you

Thanks Alexis,

That helps to clarify things quite a bit.

John

Comment

John
            You are welcome
            Alex

Thanks Alexis,

That helps to clarify things quite a bit.

John

Comment

Working...
            X