FunctionParameter oddity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FunctionParameter oddity

This is an odd one. When I first load an efs I created it seems that some of the values set in the FunctionParameter list are not recognized by the program correctly. Subsequent reloads does not fox the issue, but if I change any of the values in the FunctionParameter list to a new value, eveything words as expected. All reloads after making a change also work.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

I have verified MANY times that list list of variables in the main function declaration matches the list of FunctionParameters...

Thanks,

Garth
    Garth

Re: FunctionParameter oddity

Garth
    The only times I am seeing issues with FunctionParameters is when there is the word main() or Main() in some comment in the script. Can you post a sample script that illustrates this issue?
    Also what version and build are you running?
    Alex

Originally posted by gspiker
    This is an odd one. When I first load an efs I created it seems that some of the values set in the FunctionParameter list are not recognized by the program correctly. Subsequent reloads does not fox the issue, but if I change any of the values in the FunctionParameter list to a new value, eveything words as expected. All reloads after making a change also work.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

I have verified MANY times that list list of variables in the main function declaration matches the list of FunctionParameters...

Thanks,

Garth

Comment

Thanks Alex.

I actually just figured this out. It’s kind of obscure, and I doubt anyone else will run into this, but here it is incase someone does have a similar problem.

A long time ago, eSignal had an issue with EFS, where Booleans wouldn’t work in Function Parameters, and the work around was to use strings; “true” and “false”. Well I borrowed some old code in my new EFS, and grabbed some function parameters that used this old method. However, while I corrected the type definition from STRING to BOOLEAN I failed to remove the quotes from the setting. So while the options should have been true and false with a default of true, instead it was defined as “true” and “false” with a default of “true”.

There must be some oddity in the EFS engine where when executing an EFS it handles a change to the function parameters differently than an initial load… because during and initial load I got the string “true”, but after changing a different function parameter I got a boolean true. This fix was to simply remove the quotes in function parameter, and everything worked correctly.

Garth
      Garth

Comment

Working...
      X