This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elliot Wave alerts

Is it possible to create an alert on Elliot Waves?

heinz57
    You would need to do that through efs using the GetElliottStudy() function (see the link to the EFS KnowledgeBase article for the syntax of the function and its methods)
    Alex

Originally posted by heinz57
    Is it possible to create an alert on Elliot Waves?

Comment

Elliot Wave Audio Alert

Alexis,
      Ok, I understand what syntax is but I don't know how to use it. If I go to the Formula Wizard, there is no Study label for Advanced Get or Elliot Wave so I don't know what the next step in the process is. I just want to end up with an audio alert when the Elliot Waves are printed on the screen. Can you tell me how to get that done? I am surprised Advanced Get doesn't already offer it.

Comment

Re: Elliot Wave Audio Alert

heinz57
        The AdvancedGET functions are not available in the Formula Wizard. You need to use the EFS Editor to write the formula.
        if you wish to do this yourself here is an illustrated step by step guide that shows you the required logic.
        The first thing you need to do is declare the required global variables (ie that are outside of the main or preMain functions). These need to be global so that their values persist between iterations of the efs

Then inside the main function you first need to initialize the variable using the Elliott Wave function (for the description of the parameters see the link to the EFS KnolwedgeBase article I included in my previous reply)

At this point you need to assign the value of the last known wave (which is stored in the variable CurrentWave) to the variable PriorWave. This needs to occur before you assign the value of the current wave to the variable CurrentWave

Once you have done the above you can then assign the value of the current wave to the variable CurrentWave

At this point the variable CurrentWave contains the value of the current wave while PriorWave contains the value of the wave at the prior tick. All that is left to do is to create a conditional statement that checks when these two are different ie when the Elliott Wave has changed at which point you can trigger an alert.

This logic will trigger a real time alert on each first tick of a new Elliott Wave
        To simplify the task of putting the script together you may want to use the efs template that I posted here which includes detailed comments and instructions on how to use it.
        If instead you would rather have someone else develop the script for you then you may want to review the FAQ: How can I get my custom study built?
        Alex

Alexis,
        Ok, I understand what syntax is but I don't know how to use it. If I go to the Formula Wizard, there is no Study label for Advanced Get or Elliot Wave so I don't know what the next step in the process is. I just want to end up with an audio alert when the Elliot Waves are printed on the screen. Can you tell me how to get that done? I am surprised Advanced Get doesn't already offer it.

Comment

Elliot Wave Audibl/Visual Alert

I tried but cant get this to work. Is it possible to hire someone to write this for me?

Comment

Re: Elliot Wave Audibl/Visual Alert

heinz57
            As I suggested in my previous reply if you would rather have someone else develop the script for you then you may want to review the FAQ: How can I get my custom study built?
            Alex

I tried but cant get this to work. Is it possible to hire someone to write this for me?

Comment

Working...
            X