Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10.1 sym() backfill query, and is there a bug list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.1 sym() backfill query, and is there a bug list?

10.1 1250
    Is there a known problem with sym(SymboldDifferentToChart, IntervalIsTheSame) not loading data for the same number of bars as it used to in 10.0?

I have screenshots showing missing data when simply displaying the close of various other symbols (interval not specified, so same as chart) in the indicator pane; in 10.0 the data was all present.

There are interesting cross-chart effects - loading another chart with a symbol shown in an indicator on the first chart can be used to make more bars appear in the indicator. So it would appear that the indicator (ie sym()) will return all the bars that eSignal downloads, BUT won't force the same download as it used to and is dependent on other "use" of the same symbol.

This was the first thing I looked at with my new 10.1 install, so here I am several hours later with no progress, not helpful to productive development.

More specific details available if this bug is not known.

Is there a bug list please?

A PS: (now past the edit allowance time)
    This effect only happens with dynamic time templates.

When changed to 100 bars v 10.0 and 10.1 work the same in that they both have much less data in the indicator than the chart. [BTW I was just using close(0,series) in all of these examples.]

So the question is, how do we get the indicator to properly backfill.

setIntervalsBackfill( true ); is described in terms of "multiple time-frame studies". These charts are not using multiple time-frames so it should not have an effect. In 10.0 it has no effect.

In 10.1 it does have an effect, but it also seems to have a bug:
    A) For an indicator using the SAME symbol as the chart specifying setIntervalsBackfill( true ); causes NO data AT ALL (that's a bug I think).
    B) For the indicators using a different symbol the data now extends back to the same point as the chart data, yippee.

So, please could we have a bug list and a proper change list for ES functionality.

And please could we be told what the proper method is for getting as many bars of data in an indicator as in a chart, no matter whether the symbol is different or the same as the chart.

I wish I could just spend time writing code, not figuring ways around problems, eSignal need more testers, still.

Comment

-

Hello Dave,

There are some problems with setIntervalsBackfill() that we're aware of and be working on a fix in the coming release. There isn't a work around for you at the moment. For a list of bug fixes etc, please see the readme.txt file in your \eSignal\ folder.

The proper method you're looking for is setIntervalsBackfill() once it's behavior gets corrected.
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason,
        For a list of bug fixes etc, please see the readme.txt file in your \eSignal\ folder
        Yes, but...

That readme is for 1250, but my eSignal is 1257.

It has no bugs listed in it.

As it resides on my machine, I don't see how it's going to get updated with bugs such as this.

Surely we deserve an online, updated bug list? Or are we expected to waste time documenting problems that eSignal is already aware of?

When do we expect the first bugfix?

PS: In 10.1 I also found that a different, shorter, interval (same symbol) series for an indicator did not deliver the same number of bars as 10.0, and that setIntervalBackfill() did not seem to improve it and I couldn't seem to force the backfill by opening a separate chart with the same template and set to the time period of the shorter interval. But I must admit I was giving up a bit so may have that wrong. However I'm hoping that will be working after the other fixes are made.
        Last edited by Dave180; 07-08-2008, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Hello Dave,

The 1257 build was only a minor update for the installer. The items in the the readme.txt for 1250 also applies to 1257, which contains over 100 bug fixes. We do not post our backlog publicly at this time. Every version will receive a number of bug fixes based on level of priority.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

It is disappointing that eSignal's ongoing attitude is that we have to spend time documenting bugs that we discover but which you already know about.

Comment

Working...
            X