Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setBar(value) and the values in the Curor box

Hi

As a bit of a klude to some unusual processing for historic Volume bars I ended up using setBar() to set the value of the previous bar as each historic bar is processed. [This is a way to cope with the problem of not knowing the end time of a volume bar, even when it is a historic bar.]

There are three series so, instead of an array return, I have
    setBar(Bar.Value ,-1,0,nX);
    setBar(Bar.Value ,-1,1,nY);
    setBar(Bar.Value ,-1,2,nZ);

Where nX, nY, nZ are the three variables to be plotted.

I see the 0 series values, but not 1 and 2, and they don't appear in the Cursor box either.

Re: setBar(value) and the values in the Curor box

Dave180
    As I understand it you need to return an array to apply/return the values set through setBar() to more than one item.
    Also you do not need to call setBar() for each individual item [as in your example] but you can apply it to an array eg
    setBar(Bar.Value,-1,new Array(nX, nY, nZ));
    return new Array (3);

Alex

Originally posted by Dave180
    Hi

As a bit of a klude to some unusual processing for historic Volume bars I ended up using setBar() to set the value of the previous bar as each historic bar is processed. [This is a way to cope with the problem of not knowing the end time of a volume bar, even when it is a historic bar.]

There are three series so, instead of an array return, I have
    setBar(Bar.Value ,-1,0,nX);
    setBar(Bar.Value ,-1,1,nY);
    setBar(Bar.Value ,-1,2,nZ);

Where nX, nY, nZ are the three variables to be plotted.

I see the 0 series values, but not 1 and 2, and they don't appear in the Cursor box either.

Comment

Sorry Alexis, the forum seems to have binned my reply.
      It was along the lines of the examples seeming to indicate that onlycolours could be set by an array, I now see that values should be too. Not sure though why my single-value routines don't work though.

Comment

Working...
      X