Reference Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference Guide

I am new to Java but have programmed for a long time.
    My question is:

Is there a reference manual or guide that for EFS that can explain the linkage between calling and called routines and the get series function as I am finding these concepts difficult to understand and trawling for hours through the forums is just very unproductive. Thanks in advance?

Re: Reference Guide

Hi bc_trader,

Please check out the efs knowledge base and start with the introduction portions and beginner tutorials. While they may seem overly simple, they will explain how efs is structured, how the main function is called, etc. You'll also find that efs is based on JavaScript, not Java.

Regarding the creation of Series objects , they are self contained objects that are typically (but not always) declared once and data from them is accessed via internal methods.

Since the efs engine coordinates their operation, to understand how they work, it is important to understand how efs is structured and operates.

The best information on this is contained in the knowledge base. There are also some handy links below my signature which may help as well.

Originally posted by bc_trader
    I am new to Java but have programmed for a long time.
    My question is:

Is there a reference manual or guide that for EFS that can explain the linkage between calling and called routines and the get series function as I am finding these concepts difficult to understand and trawling for hours through the forums is just very unproductive. Thanks in advance?

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that, I will spend the next week getting to grips with it, if i get any more real problems I will come back. Thanks again. Bob

Comment

Hi Steve, Just one question? IF you have an EFSExternal routine, does the code get read from disk every time it is called or only once?

Cheers.

Comment

Hi Bob,

The efsExternal() function returns a series object and based on my understanding will access the targeted external efs file just once during initialization.

Hi Steve, Just one question? IF you have an EFSExternal routine, does the code get read from disk every time it is called or only once?

Cheers.

Comment

Ok, thanks, I asked the question because my disk gets hammered when I run the script with an efsInternal, so I have left that until I can spend some more time on it, next week.

Cheers.

Comment

Bob,

Your most welcome. That is odd behavior. Based on your description, it sounds like you have a system issue or an implementation problem.

If you continue to have this problem and want to troubleshoot, please provide the following:
              [list=1][*]What version of eSignal are you running and how much ram is installed on your motherboard?
              [*]Include a working sample and supporting efs that demonstrates this behavior.[/list=1]

We can go from there.

Ok, thanks, I asked the question because my disk gets hammered when I run the script with an efsInternal, so I have left that until I can spend some more time on it, next week.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X