Clear All

• Monthly/Weekly Pivot Points Is Not Working On Europe Indexes

Hi,

I'm trying to see monthly&weekly pivots on:
    • AX 1!-DT
    • ET 1!-DT
    • FCE 1!-EEI
    • Z 1!-EEI

This bug is not new at all, It's not working since the new version came out.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Kind Regards,

ser-E.
    Attached Files

Chart
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Monthly/Weekly Pivot Points Is Not Working On Europe Indexes

ser-E
      FWIW I don't think there has been a new release since you and I talked about this issue in this thread.
      In the mean time I have been looking into this trying to find a workaround and from what I am seeing the issue seems to be caused by the 1! continuous contracts not completing the download of data (ie the charts remain in Receiving... mode) if the number of available bars is less than the ones requested through the Time Template or if the interval is in Dynamic mode which would be the default if no specific definition is provided in the Time Template. Because of this the efs never gets loaded (hence the Loading Data... message).
      The workaround for the time being is to request in the Time Template a specific number of bars for the Monthly and Weekly intervals that is less than than those currently available (for example try 100 bars for the Monthly and 300 for the Weekly)
      Once you do this the downloads of the Monthly and Weekly data can be completed and the efs will load in the chart without problems (see enclosed image)
      Hope this helps
      Alex

Originally posted by ser-E
      Hi,

I'm trying to see monthly&weekly pivots on:
      • AX 1!-DT
      • ET 1!-DT
      • FCE 1!-EEI
      • Z 1!-EEI

This bug is not new at all, It's not working since the new version came out.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Kind Regards,

ser-E.

Comment

ser-E
        In the enclosed image you can see the Time Template used in the chart
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

I dont understand what the letters R,S,T,V,D,W,M means. Please explain why you choose these and why the first line is 300Bars then 200Bars then the M is 100Bars... I have no idea whats all this.

I made a time template like this and it's only working for the DAX and only with monthly pivots, The weekly pivots is still not working and also the CAC, FTSE & EURO STOXX is still not working.

+ I must see both the Monthly & Weekly Pivots on the same chart and this is also not working... Please help.

Kind Regards,

ser-E

Comment

ser-E
            In the Time Template that I showed in my previous reply the only definitions that matter to the issue being discussed in this thread are W which stands for Weekly and M which stands for Monthly. For your information the other letters refer to the definitions for Range-bars, Seconds-bars, Tick-bars, Volume-bars and Daily bars
            For more information on Time Templates and how to use them see the related article and video which are available in the eSignal KnowledgeBase in the Advanced Charting folder
            With regards to seeing the Monthly and Weekly Pivots on the same chart that is possible once you set the Time Template as I suggested as you can see in the enclosed screenshots of all the continuous contracts of the futures you mentioned
            Alex

Hi Alex,

I dont understand what the letters R,S,T,V,D,W,M means. Please explain why you choose these and why the first line is 300Bars then 200Bars then the M is 100Bars... I have no idea whats all this.

I made a time template like this and it's only working for the DAX and only with monthly pivots, The weekly pivots is still not working and also the CAC, FTSE & EURO STOXX is still not working.

+ I must see both the Monthly & Weekly Pivots on the same chart and this is also not working... Please help.

Kind Regards,

ser-E

Comment

Thank you very much Alexis. As always, I appreciate your help.

(Although it takes like forever to load it, But it's working)

Comment

ser-E
                You are most welcome.
                Keep in mind that you can set the weekly and in particular the monthly intervals to load less bars than what I suggested if loading time is a concern
                Alex

Thank you very much Alexis. As always, I appreciate your help.

(Although it takes like forever to load it, But it's working)

Comment

Working...
                X