Heap and Stack Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heap and Stack Size

Are there any guidelines for adjusting heap and stack sizes for optimum performance? I am trying to run optimization loops and most likely my inefficient code eats up memory too quickly.
    pa-kay

I doubt there are any performance implications for stack size short of using it all.

Also for heap size I didn't notice any performance problems even when I ran out and started getting odd errors. Now in this case we are talking human perception of performance, so there might have been some, and I just didn't notice.

My understanding is that they have now added error messages when stack and heap are exceeded so that other's will not have to do through the pain of trying to debug odd behavior. So I wouldn't worry about using too much until you see the error.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

I guess the problem that I am experiencing is related to the array allocation size in my formula. As I increase the loop parameters, at some point I get a "Not Responding" message for eSignal in the Windows task manager. No other error message results, but I thought perhaps the heap and stack settings might make a difference. As a work around, I simply limit the size of the loop and rerun the formula as many times as required.

By the way, is there any batch run capability for executing forumlas in eSignal?
      pa-kay

Comment

Working...
      X