Multiple-Chart Scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple-Chart Scripts

Could someone please post an example of EFS code that uses conditions on multiple charts of differing time periods? That is, in addition to conditions being met on the chart running the script (e.g. 1 min.), the script requires conditions also being met on a second (5 min.) or third (15 min.) chart having different time period(s).

A simple single-study example might be:
    Alert when the CCI on the 1, 5, and 15 min charts are all above 150.

A simple multi-study example might be:
    Alert same as above, but also, MACD must be greater than zero on the 1, 5, and 15 min.

(Or any similar example; whatever you've got.)

What code is required on the script-running chart (1 min.) in order to reference source data on the other charts (5 and 15 min.)?

What code is required on the other charts (5 and 15 min.) to enable the 1 min. script to access the data?

How CPU intensive are multi-chart formulas?

I'm not familiar with how multi-chart formulas work, so my descriptions of the interactions are probably technically incorrect. Could someone provide more explanation in detail?

Thanks to all in advance.
    Last edited by Lancer; 06-26-2003, 05:07 AM.

Solution...

Use global variables...

I have a few scripts like this, but they are for clients (so I can't share them).

Use setGlobalVariable and getGlobalVariable to accomplish this..

You can create as many as you like...

Just remember, this works only in RT - not for Back-testing..

Hope this helps...

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks for the reply Brad.

In the Javascript 1.5 manual 4th Ed. by Flanagan, there's no mention of SetGlobalVariable or getGlobalVariable in the index or elsewhere. A search of the EFS Help Center and Library also returns nothing. Do you have a link to reference material where setGlobalVariable and getGlobalVariable are explained?

Comment

A new file has been uploaded to:
        Group: Specialty Scripts
        Folder: [EFS Help File]
        File: [EFShelp.chm]
        By: [email protected]

To download the file, goto http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...=EFS+Help+File

Comment

Thanks David for the link. OK, that shows the syntax.

Anyone know how setGlobalValue and getGlobalValue are used in a multi-chart script? Any code examples?

Comment

Working...
          X