Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling a lower interval study

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can confirm my understanding (or tell me where I'm wrong and how it really works) of how a lower interval study (in this case 15 minutes) would interact with an EFS running on a higher interval (in this case 60 minutes).

In RT mode I would expect the following behavior if ComputeOnClose() is not set and there is no checks for NEWBAR in the code:

1) For each tick isn't set) the called (15 minute) study would return it's value for that tick, which the calling study can use.

2) That the 60 minute close on the higher interval chart would line up with the 4th 15 minute close on the lower ineterval

And if we only return values from the 15 minute study on NEWBAR:

1) The higher interval EFS will get only 4 returns in a 60 minute bar, starting on the first tick of the 60 minute bar.

For Historical data:

1) That the only value returned to the 60 minute interval from the 15 minute interval study would be that last 15 minute value (#2 above).

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Garth
    Garth

Re: Calling a lower interval study

Garth

1) For each tick isn't set) the called (15 minute) study would return it's value for that tick, which the calling study can use.
    That is correct

2) That the 60 minute close on the higher interval chart would line up with the 4th 15 minute close on the lower ineterval
    It will do that eventually when the bar is completed. While the 60 minute bar is current it will return the most recent value of the lower interval (I guess that is what you are saying in point 1)

1) The higher interval EFS will get only 4 returns in a 60 minute bar, starting on the first tick of the 60 minute bar.
    I am assuming that you would be checking for NEWBAR using getBarStateInterval() in which case yes you would get only 4 returns

1) That the only value returned to the 60 minute interval from the 15 minute interval study would be that last 15 minute value (#2 above).
    That is correct
    Alex

Originally posted by gspiker
    Hi,

I'm hoping someone can confirm my understanding (or tell me where I'm wrong and how it really works) of how a lower interval study (in this case 15 minutes) would interact with an EFS running on a higher interval (in this case 60 minutes).

In RT mode I would expect the following behavior if ComputeOnClose() is not set and there is no checks for NEWBAR in the code:

And if we only return values from the 15 minute study on NEWBAR:

For Historical data:

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Garth

Comment

Thanks Alex. Sorry about the poor sentence structure, but it seems like you knew what I was getting at anyway.

Garth
      Garth

Comment

Garth
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by gspiker
        Thanks Alex. Sorry about the poor sentence structure, but it seems like you knew what I was getting at anyway.

Garth

Comment

Working...
        X