Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• programming environment

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible for me to not use javascript for my formulas. Let me know if the following is workable and merits any performance enhancements.

I want to have access to eSignal price (both historical and real-time) data via my java program, and then all my calculation and decision making can be done in my java program. But I still want to use eSignal Advanced Charts to display my decisions.

By doing it this way, I can have much more control in how my program is run.

If this is possible, could someone point me to the right direction please? Thank you.

W

Hello William,

EFS is the only scripting environment for formulas on the Advanced Chart. One possibility that you could explore is our Desktop API, which I believe can be used with Java. If you have more specific questions about this api, please contact our developer support team at [email protected].

The Desktop API will give you the ability to get data into your Java app. Your app could write data to a text file that would intern be parsed by an EFS running in the Advanced Chart via the EFS File Object and plot the results.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X