Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .efs Programming question

Hi,

I have attached the .efs "Trading the trend" I am trying to modify it so that a simple colored band, say green for bullish, red for bearish, can be seen at the top or bottom of the window, in a separate panel. This colored band would accomplish the same thing the indicator is doing now, only instead of coloring over the bars/candles, the bullish/bearish trend would be displayed in a simple two colored band, above or below the price panel.

I have gotten it to draw a single colored bar , but can't get it to repeat...I'm not much of an .efs programmer yet

By doing this, I can view the results of the trend indicator, but still be able to read my candlesticks as they are originally.

Thanks in advance for any help....I good point in the right direction would even help

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: .efs Programming question

shm000
    In the efs change the statement setPriceStudy(true); to setPriceStudy(false);. This will set the study to plot as a non price study (ie in a separate pane)
    Then in the main function replace each instance of setPriceBarColor(...) with setBarBgColor(...) which will paint the background of the pane instead of the price bars
    Alex

Originally posted by shm000
    Hi,

I have attached the .efs "Trading the trend" I am trying to modify it so that a simple colored band, say green for bullish, red for bearish, can be seen at the top or bottom of the window, in a separate panel. This colored band would accomplish the same thing the indicator is doing now, only instead of coloring over the bars/candles, the bullish/bearish trend would be displayed in a simple two colored band, above or below the price panel.

I have gotten it to draw a single colored bar , but can't get it to repeat...I'm not much of an .efs programmer yet

By doing this, I can view the results of the trend indicator, but still be able to read my candlesticks as they are originally.

Thanks in advance for any help....I good point in the right direction would even help

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Alexis!

I'll give it a try..

Thanks again

Comment

It works great...

Thanks again Alexis. You propbably don't remember, but you helped me out once before... I really appreciate it. Your an asset to eSignal!

Comment

Re: It works great...

shm000
          You are most welcome. I do remember you very well and thank you for the kind words
          Alex

Originally posted by shm000
          Thanks again Alexis. You propbably don't remember, but you helped me out once before... I really appreciate it. Your an asset to eSignal!

Comment

Working...
          X