Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i make an efs run through histirical bars multiple times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i make an efs run through histirical bars multiple times?

so ive decided im going to start working towards making a very rudimentary neural net.. but before i can get started, theres one thing i need to figure out how to do.. here is a short example, lets say i programmed my efs to simply make trades based on a price cross of a moving average, and i had it record the results of all of its trades in a global variable or even a text doccument. is it possible to make the efs run through all the historical bars again with different settings for the moving average so it can compare it to the results of the previous run through?.. really all i need to know is if i can make an efs run through all the historical bars multiple times

Hi kalzenith,

Yes, it can be done using the reloadEFS() command. The global variables are preserved when reloadEFS is called (including the ones representing the efs objects - ie your efs studies).

Be careful though, it is very easy to get into a continuous do loop when using this command and your PC will appear to "lock-up" while the efs engine continuously reloads the chart.

I've done similar things that require looping through the chart data multiple times. In that case, I saved all the pertinant chart data into an array, then let the code iterate through the data, making the appropriate changes. But this can also result in your PC looking like it locked up while the efs loops through the data.

The reloadEFS command must be used when you are modifying the built in efs study parameters (e.g. ma length). The data looping I described is more appropriate when evaluating the relationship of the data from the chart studies and your trade triggers.

What your trying to do here can be difficult. I hope everything goes well.

Comment

If you want an "adhoc" calculation of something (ie a single numerical result, not a change in the displayed indicator), you can just run a loop for the range of bars of interest and use "close(i)" etc. You would have a button on the chart to start the process then display the result on the chart or in the formular window.

Comment

Working...
      X