Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price > stdh, price < stdl

Hello,
    In Chris' attached COG indicator, I'm trying to show the prices above the upper std(stdh) and below the lower std(stdl). However, I'm not able to determine where to insert my draw text. Can someone help, please? Thank you.
    Diane
    Attached Files

Re: Price &gt; stdh, price &lt; stdl

Diane
    You would use either aOutput[0] or stdh[0] for the upper std and either aOutput[4] or stdl[0] for the lower std as the yValue parameter of drawTextRelative()
    Alex

Originally posted by Diane P
    Hello,
    In Chris' attached COG indicator, I'm trying to show the prices above the upper std(stdh) and below the lower std(stdl). However, I'm not able to determine where to insert my draw text. Can someone help, please? Thank you.
    Diane

Comment

Hi Alex,
      Thanks for your prompt reply. I followed your instructions, but I still don't see the prices. I'm sure I messed up someplace. Thanks for any additional help.
      Diane
      Attached Files

Comment

Diane
        As far as I can tell the logic should be working. You may want to post a screenshot showing a chart in which the current bar has a Close higher or equal to the upper std or lower or equal to the lower std. When posting the screenshot make sure that both the symbol and interval used are clearly legible
        Alex

Hi Alex,
        Thanks for your prompt reply. I followed your instructions, but I still don't see the prices. I'm sure I messed up someplace. Thanks for any additional help.
        Diane

Comment

Alex,
          The symbol is RLU8 & the interval is 1 minute. There s/b a price high
          for most recent day.
          Diane
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Diane P; 08-23-2008, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Diane
            As far as I can see the Close of the current bar of that symbol and interval is at 738.00 and is not above the upper std which is at 742.66 (see enclosed screenshot)
            Alex

Alex,
            The symbol is RLU8 & the interval is 1 minute. There s/b a price high
            for most recent day.
            Diane

Comment

Hi Alex,
              Ah, I see how you are reading the COG. Thanks for helping me understand. As always, I appreciate your help and patience. You're the best!
              Diane

Comment

Diane
                You are most welcome
                In this case if you want to verify whether the logic you implemented is working use the Bar Editor and change the value of the Close of the last bar to [for example] 745.00 (note that if real time data is being received the edit will be overwritten) and you will see that the value of the upper std will be displayed by the script as per your condition (see enclosed screenshot)
                Alex

Hi Alex,
                Ah, I see how you are reading the COG. Thanks for helping me understand. As always, I appreciate your help and patience. You're the best!
                Diane

Comment

Alex,
                  Thanks for the great tip. Will do!
                  Diane

Comment

Diane
                    My pleasure
                    Alex

Alex,
                    Thanks for the great tip. Will do!