Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying a defined variable in an Alert

Hello All

I have been trying to accomplish the following task with little to no success. After having check forms and trying all combinations I can think of, I hope someone can assist me.

If I define a simple varible;

e.g.
    var g=null;
    var h=null;

Then apply the following logic;

If vTotal represents the number I would like to display in an alert, how do I represent the vTotal result in the alert window ?

e.g.
    var vTotal=((g+h)/2)

if (vTotal < 0.01){
    alert.addToList(getSymbol()+" "+getInterval(),"Comments",Color.black,Color.blue) ;
    }

There if my if statement condition is met, how do I get the alert statement to display in the alert window the value of vTotal.

In theory, this seems like a very simple task, yet I have not been able to find any example to provide me with an answer.

Thank you for any assistance anyone can provide

Sincerely

Royce

Re: Displaying a defined variable in an Alert

Royce
    Just insert the variable name [in this case vTotal] in the description parameter of the Alert.addToList() function eg
    Alert.addToList(getSymbol()+" "+getInterval(),vTotal,Color.black,Color.blue) ;
    See also the example I provided to you in this thread on the same topic
    Alex

Originally posted by Royce
    Hello All

I have been trying to accomplish the following task with little to no success. After having check forms and trying all combinations I can think of, I hope someone can assist me.

If I define a simple varible;

e.g.
    var g=null;
    var h=null;

Then apply the following logic;

If vTotal represents the number I would like to display in an alert, how do I represent the vTotal result in the alert window ?

e.g.
    var vTotal=((g+h)/2)

if (vTotal < 0.01){
    alert.addToList(getSymbol()+" "+getInterval(),"Comments",Color.black,Color.blue) ;
    }

There if my if statement condition is met, how do I get the alert statement to display in the alert window the value of vTotal.

In theory, this seems like a very simple task, yet I have not been able to find any example to provide me with an answer.

Thank you for any assistance anyone can provide

Sincerely

Royce

Comment

Thanks Alexis

I appreciate you help.

Royce

Comment

Royce
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by Royce