Alert not getting displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert not getting displayed

I'm having difficulty getting alerts to be displayed. In the attached formula, I added debug statements to let me know when the block of code is executed. The block containing the Alert is executed but the Alert never appears in the Alert window. To make sure that the alert wasn't blocked by anything else, I ran this formula on a chart that had no other formulas running. And I cleared the Alert window before loading the formula. Unfortunately, nothing seems to make a difference.

Paul
    Attached Files

Alert.addToList(getSymbol(), "LONG Signal", Color.black, Color.cyan);

is the correct formta, youneed some " "

Comment

Thanks for responding. However, the problem is not with the syntax because msg is a string variable and must not be enclosed in quotes. I suspect the problem is not with syntax but with the Javascript processor. I believe it is not correctly processing Alert.addToList function calls correctly during the first iteration(s) of main().

(... 1 hr later ...)

I finally figured out the problem. The Javascript processor IGNORES all invocations of Alert.addToList() until it has processed all prevous bars and is currently processing bar 0. The attached test.efs proves this. The eSignal developers should include this kind of detail in the online help.

Paul
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X