Clear All

• EFS crashes eSignal 99% of the time

Hello,

I take a time template and set ...

I-Default
    Days 120
    StartTime 0:00
    EndTime 0:00 or 24:00

and my script crashes eSignal .... if I set Days to say 40 its OK ..

Any help would be appreciated!!
    Attached Files

Re: Crashes eSignal 99% of the time

prawles
    FWIW I am not getting any crashes when running your efs on a chart using a time template set to load 120 days of intraday data (see enclosed screenshot).
    As an aside I would suggest using the efs2 functions for high(), low(), etc rather than the legacy [ie efs1] functions to call those values based on external intervals as they maintain the proper synchronization between intervals.
    For the description and syntax required by these functions you may want to review the related articles in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by prawles
    Hello,

I take a time template and set ...

I-Default
    Days 120
    StartTime 0:00
    EndTime 0:00 or 24:00

and my script crashes eSignal .... if I set Days to say 40 its OK ..

Any help would be appreciated!!

Comment

Thanks Alex

Thanks Alex ... did you make sure all boxes were checked to turn them all on

Comment

??

and forgive me for my stupidity ....

the efs2 to call for high() and low() are ?

I thought that was it .....

Comment

Re: Thanks Alex

prawles
          Enabling all the options will generate a formula error because it exceeds the symbol limit. Keep in mind that this limit is based on the total number of external symbols and/or intervals called from an efs.
          Anyhow I ran it with as many options enabled as possible without incurring in the error message and I am not getting any crashes (btw in the enclosed screenshot you can see which options I had enabled at the time I captured that image as I changed the setShowTitleParameters() statement to true).
          You also need to be aware that the formula is still set to compute on close only even if you have setComputeOnClose(false). That function does not have any arguments so regardless of whether you add false it is still enabled.
          Alex

Thanks Alex ... did you make sure all boxes were checked to turn them all on

Comment

Re: ??

prawles
            You can find the description and syntax of those functions in the Function Reference-> Series Functions folder of the EFS KnowledgeBase (see my previous reply for the link to the KB)
            Alex

and forgive me for my stupidity ....

the efs2 to call for high() and low() are ?

I thought that was it .....

Comment

One more favor

Can you set the symbol to sp #f and see if it still runs ... that should get rid of the too many symbols error

Comment

This Call?

//retrieve�the�current value�for�a�specific�symbol/interval
                myVar�=�high(0, sym("IBM,5")�);

Alex... I really appreciate your time ... Really I do ...

but this is the call I used and the one I found in the ref guide ... I just assumed it the most current , in fact, I don't see another to give me the high/low of one bar

Comment

Re: One more favor

prawles
                  Still not getting any crashes (the enclosed screenshot shows all the options enabled)
                  Alex

Can you set the symbol to sp #f and see if it still runs ... that should get rid of the too many symbols error

Comment

Thanks VERY much!!!!

go figure ......

Comment

Working...
                    X