Passing Array names as parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing Array names as parameters

This is a question for some a good Java/EFS person.

Here is the situation: I have a number of arrays to which I apply similar calculations and/or functions.

Java 1.3 and higher allows passing an object name as "undefined" parameter to a Java Method and works fine.

For example, the following constructs are valid and work fine.

var Array1, Array2, Array3, Array4;

Then, in main, I can do this:

var SrcArray = Array3;
    var zzz = SrcArra[1]+SrcArray[2]+SrcArray[3];

This works even the array components are function names [case when must provide the appropriate parameters as well].

Furthermore, I can have a function that does the calculation and pass the SrcArray as parameter to that function, as shown below and still works fine.
    var zzz = function1(SrcArray);

where function1 is defined outside main
    function1(Src) {return Src[1]+Src[2]+Src[3];}
    //**************************************
    Because all the above work, I assumed it will work for "nested functions" [passing the Src to an other function] but does not work anymore.

Here is an example [ExtCond1 is a global var]:

function1(Src) {return (ExtCon1) ? (Src[1]+Src[2]) : function2(Src);}

function1 returns correct result only when ExtCond1 is true [and calculation is done in THIS function].
    When calling function2 it returns null.
    Important: function2 is a valid function which it is called directly from main and works fine.

Can anyone explain why and how can this be overcome?
    I know it has to do with "parameters conversion" but did not find anywhere an explaination I could use.
    NOTE: Please remember you are talking to a novice programmer and not very bright person so, please, try to be simple and clear. Thank you.
    Mihai Buta

You can igoner this post.
    I found the solution.
    Mihai Buta

Comment

Working...
    X