X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing EFS CPU Usage

Hi

I'm running esignal 7.91

My EFS's for the ES seconds charts are running the cpu at very high levels due th the current volume and volatility.

some lines of code are painting the current price bar, calculating tick by tick

[ If............setPriceBarColor(Color.red); ] for example

Question -

Can I execute this code just once, right before the bar closes?

OR
    I know how to calculate on the start of a new bar but at this point I would want to set the color of the previous price bar.

setComputeOnClose() wouldn't work as something's I still need to calculate tick by tick, but others as the example above, just before the bar closes.

Any advice appreciated
    Musashi
    Last edited by Musashi; 10-19-2008, 08:50 AM.

Re: Reducing EFS CPU Usage

Musashi

To my knowledge the only way the efs engine can determine that a bar is completed is when a new one is formed.

I know how to calculate on the start of a new bar but at this point I would want to set the color of the previous price bar.
    At this time the efs engine cannot paint historical prices bar retroactively. As far as I know this enhancement has been already requested however you may want to add your request using the link provided in the main menu of the eSignal application under Support-> Make A Suggestion
    If you cannot use setComputeOnClose() then an alternative could be to mark the bar in some other way using shapes, text, etc
    Alex

Originally posted by Musashi
    Hi

I'm running esignal 7.91

My EFS's for the ES seconds charts are running the cpu at very high levels due th the current volume and volatility.

some lines of code are painting the current price bar, calculating tick by tick

[ If............setPriceBarColor(Color.red); ] for example

Question -

OR

setComputeOnClose() wouldn't work as something's I still need to calculate tick by tick, but others as the example above, just before the bar closes.

Any advice appreciated
    Musashi

Comment

Musashi
      Not sure what you want to change in historcal candles, but have you checked out setBar()? It allows certain modifications, maybe you can fudge something that way.

Comment

Working...
      X