Nested reloadEFS() supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nested reloadEFS() supported?

Are nested reloads supported by esignal? I ask because when I run something like the code below every 20 bars I get the error message “Nested ‘reloadEFS’ call has been ignored.”

var Reload = 0;

function main() {

if (getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
    Reload ++;
    if(Reload == 20){
    Reload = 0;
    reloadEFS();
    }
    }
    }
    Last edited by mikejhelms; 10-28-2008, 04:40 AM.

Re: Nested reloadEFS() supported?

Hi mikejhelms,

It appears you coded a never-ending loop, the condition was recognized and an error was thrown.

As coded, the chart loads 20 bars, resets the counter, then a reloadEFS() command is issued prior to the chart ever fully loading. This would have continued ad-infinitum but the efs engine saved you from yourself.

I am assuming this was a coding slip, hope this info is helpful.

Originally posted by mikejhelms
    Are nested reloads supported by esignal? I ask because when I run something like the code below every 20 bars I get the error message “Nested ‘reloadEFS’ call has been ignored.”

var Reload = 0;

function main() {

if (getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
    Reload ++;
    if(Reload == 20){
    Reload = 0;
    reloadEFS();
    }
    }
    }

Comment

Thanks, Steve. You’re probably right because in retrospect I now realize I was getting the error message intermittently. I trade on a very short time horizon so during low volume periods there was probably enough time for the program to reload but not so during one of the volume spikes we’re getting now-a-days. Thanks for your feedback.

By the way, over the past few years I’ve used several of the programs you’ve written and left in file share. I can’t remember which off-hand and many I just reviewed for the coding approach but they were all helpful. Unfortunately Steve none of them have made me enough to ride the space shuttle yet. As you’re probably aware it requires a tidy sum to get up there and in my case twice that. I’m not going to shell out all that money without taking along a full figured woman to undulate for me in zero G. In the meantime I’ll just have to continue using a swimming pool and my imagination.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X