Speech Capabilities.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speech Capabilities.....

I just put a "proto-type speech system" into my fileshare group...

in the FREE STUFF folder...

It is not perfect and the voice files are MINE. They need to be re-recorded to better quality.

If you simply load this EFS file into any chart, it will read the closing price of the previous bar (not the current bar) when a new bar forms.

I don't know if this is a utility that anyone can use, but it was fun creating it. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Have fun...

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Brad

I have installed the speech capabilities Beta EFS. But now How to activate it?

Thanks

Cordially
    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Running MENT Speech

All you should need to do (if everything installed properly) is ...

right-click on the Adv. Chart
      then click on FORMULAS
      then click on MENT
      the click on SPEECH
      then click on SPEECH.EFS

The file should load and begin reading the last price.

If you don't hear anything, then the sound files may not have been properly installed into the C:\program files\esignal\sounds directory. There are a number of WAV files that are used to read the prices.

Let me know if this does not work.

Best regards,

Brad
      Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad

It Does Work

Thks

Cordially

(PS. takes a little in loading ( maybe is big) but once on it's ok)
        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Speech...

Fabrizio,

I'm still working on the timing and a better function to control the actions of the system.

It should skip all the way through the chart until getCurrentBarIndex() == -1, then start to read the price. This causes the system to read the price of the "previously closed bar".

Glad you like it and you can change the voice files by editing the M_???.WAV files in the SOUNDS directory. Try to keep them under 2 seconds in length. I'm going to try to re-record mine for under 1 second in length - to speed up the speech function.

Have fun.

Brad
          Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad,

You may want to check out this Text-to-Speech Reader software. There is a free version to try out. I found it works well for creating sound files - e.g. buy, sell, cover, short, long, etc. Adjusting the speed will help the standard voices sound a little better.

http://www.naturalreaders.com/

Comment

Working...
            X