TICK resolution charting bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TICK resolution charting bugs?

Running with Tick and Bid/Ask plotted. My study does not appear to be called on every "event", resulting in misalignment of my formula output on the horizontal scale.

Is this a bug in eSignal's advanced charting, or is there a special call to enable my efs routine to be called every time?

You can see this behavior if you use the built-in volume study at tick resolution, and also run the volume.efs study in library directory. They do not align correctly. The built-in has some "magic" which at least calls it on every event, although is misreports volume by repeating single volume bars multiple times.

Hello bfry5282,

This is a known problem and it's on our developer’s list of issues to be addressed. EFS formulas will not work properly with raw tick charts currently. As an alternative, you can use, for example, "30T" or "30S" intervals.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

As an FYI, "1T" will fool the chart into thinking it's a bar chart when in-fact it's just making a bar out of one trade. It may or may not help in this case, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

when fixed?

stupid question... when can you fix these bugs? I switched from InvestorRT and recoded all of my indicators in eSignal's JavaScript because I knew eSignal could handle the loading. Now I find the charting/callbacks, etc don't work at tick resolution. As a developer myself I know you won't tell me when it will be fixed, but this is an emergency for me, and I'd like to have some idea, or have some coding workaround. I'm not interested in bid/ask, but I would like to have my code called on EVERY tick, and that doesn't even seem to happen, as far as I can see... Can you explain why not?

Comment

T, 1T, and 2T, etc?

Hi, what do you mean by a "raw tick" chart? Is that "T"? I tried "1T", "2T", etc. and it does not appear to me that my formula is being called on every event which advances the primary chart pane in any of those cases. I don't think there's a problem with the coding. I see the chart advance, but my histogram has <none> frequently. Whatever advances the chart should call my code, and I should have a chance to return something, but it doesn't appear to callback on every significant tick event, never mind bid/ask which doesn't interest me right now. Any workarounds? The library/volume.efs non-price study also has missing data points in its pane for "T", "1T", "2T", etc, as far as I can see.

Comment

Working...
          X