Variable Custom Candlesticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable Custom Candlesticks

I am trying to customize candlesticks (e.g. Change the thickness of the candlestick depending on conditions, draw the stick a little differently (adjusting the high/low/close depending on certain variables)

I guess I am asking how to manually graph a candlestick type chart

Re: Variable Custom Candlesticks

BobbyH
    At this time the only properties of a price bar/candlestick that can be modified programmatically are its color and in the case of a candlestick the color and thickness of the wick and whether the body is hollow or not [the latter candlestick properties can be modified using the optional parameters in setPriceBarColor()].
    As to graphing candlesticks there currently isn't a plot type that would allow to do that so you would need to replicate the candlesticks by drawing them. You can find two examples of how it could be done in this thread (see candlestick indicator) and this thread
    Alex

Originally posted by BobbyH
    I am trying to customize candlesticks (e.g. Change the thickness of the candlestick depending on conditions, draw the stick a little differently (adjusting the high/low/close depending on certain variables)

I guess I am asking how to manually graph a candlestick type chart

Comment

Working...
    X