bug: efs help file (ie part of distribution) full of errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug: efs help file (ie part of distribution) full of errors

I have noticed that the "eEsignal EFS Developer's Reference" (.\doc\eSignalEFS2.chm) contains many bugs (inconsistent, wrong and incomplete) and disagrees with the online knowledgebase.

Perhaps it could be updated, and some cross references would be useful.

Also, I would have thought it should be called "eEisgnal EFS Developers' Reference", as I thought that "'s" meant it was the _single_ developer who read it. Or maybe I still don't get apostrophes

Re: bug: efs help file (ie part of distribution) full of errors

Dave,

A reference for apostrophe use is here.

As for the status of the developers reference, there is information here and here.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Dave180
    I have noticed that the "eEsignal EFS Developer's Reference" (.\doc\eSignalEFS2.chm) contains many bugs (inconsistent, wrong and incomplete) and disagrees with the online knowledgebase.

Perhaps it could be updated, and some cross references would be useful.

Also, I would have thought it should be called "eEisgnal EFS Developers' Reference", as I thought that "'s" meant it was the _single_ developer who read it. Or maybe I still don't get apostrophes

Comment

Thanks, but if they can't keep it (chm) up to date perhaps they should stop distributing it. Or if enough people complain, maybe they will consider fixing it.

I find it a useful reference when the KB is also not easy to browse, also has no cross-referencing but is less easy to search. and closes the session from one day to another.

As for the apsotrophe, yes I know the rules thanks and I'm pretty sure I know how to apply them, but am never sure about the odd "got yas" (I wonder if it should not be treated as possessive at all - thus no s or apostrophe, or should becalled "Development" instead) - if not for that I take it as plural developers and thus wrong, but many people punctuate it the same way so I'm less confident.
      If you have a general punctuation interest the now infamous "East, Shoots & Leaves" (Lynne Truss) raises a few chuckles.

Comment

Working...
      X