Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawline at chart edge

Hi,

Is there any way to draw a vertical line a specific distance from a chart edge? I would like to draw a vertical line every 50 bars that starts say 1 inch (or 100 pixels) below the top of the chart and goes up to the chart's top edge. I also would line to have a line every 50 bars that begins say 1 inch (or 100 pixels) above the bottom of the chart and runs down to the chart's bottom edge. I know there is the parameter infinity but I don't think there is -infinity. Would these lines be drawn as drawLine Absolute or draw Line Relative?.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
    Jane

Use drawLinerelative...

The drawLineRelative function allows you to draw line objects at any location on your chart. Any line object created with drawlineRelative will 'stick' to the location where it was originally anchored. So, a line object originally created at a bar index of -10 will be at a bar index of -20 after 10 new bars come in.

Comment

Hi dloomis,

Thank you very much for your reply and helpful suggestion. I am aware of this and I probably stated the question incorrectly but my concern is how to draw the line starting say 100 pixels down from the top of the chart?
      Regards,
      Jane

Originally posted by dloomis
      Use drawLinerelative...

The drawLineRelative function allows you to draw line objects at any location on your chart. Any line object created with drawlineRelative will 'stick' to the location where it was originally anchored. So, a line object originally created at a bar index of -10 will be at a bar index of -20 after 10 new bars come in.

Comment

jane

There is the ability to add a colored bar with Text|TopRow1 or something that might be an easy solution.

Use drawShapeRelative

Comment

Hi Dave,

Great idea. I will look into it. Many thanks. The help is truly appreciated.
          Regards
          Jane

Originally posted by dloomis
          jane

There is the ability to add a colored bar with Text|TopRow1 or something that might be an easy solution.

Use drawShapeRelative

Comment

Working...
          X