This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set Alerts

Sorry guys. As you can see I am at the ladder's first rung. Can someone point me in the direction of how to set an alert through an EFS? Specifically i am looking for a crossing of any of my pivots + a filter.

I am nowhere in terms of Java and am looking for an explanation of how the language works. While there are some EFS' that get close to this, it looks greek to me, with no offence to the Greeks!

Re: How to set Alerts

Ram V
    It is not possible to point you to an example that will fit exactly your specific needs as the code required will vary with each formula (due to the different logic, variables names, etc used in each script). That said you may want to look at the example provided in this thread which triggers an alert when price crosses the pivot [calculated by the efs referenced in the thread] and that you may be able to adapt to your needs. Also try running a search for pivot* alert* and you should find some other examples of alerts triggered by price crossing specific levels.
    With regards to learning about programming in efs you may want to start by reviewing the JavaScript for EFS video series and the Core JavaScript Reference Guide. These will provide you with a thorough introduction to programming in JavaScript (not Java btw) which is at the foundation of EFS. Then go through the EFS KnowledgeBase and study the Help Guides and Tutorials which will provide you with the specifics of EFS.
    Alex

Originally posted by Ram V
    Sorry guys. As you can see I am at the ladder's first rung. Can someone point me in the direction of how to set an alert through an EFS? Specifically i am looking for a crossing of any of my pivots + a filter.

I am nowhere in terms of Java and am looking for an explanation of how the language works. While there are some EFS' that get close to this, it looks greek to me, with no offence to the Greeks!

Comment

Working...
    X