Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diferent Symbols?

Hi,
    I'm trying to show on "ES #F" chart values from diferent symbols and I have several problems.
    1. If I show close(0,"NQ #F,15") on my ES 15min chart I get diferent values as in NQ chart and before November 3 I get no values at all. I draged the NQ chart and there I do see the bars.
    2. With close(0,sym("$UVOL,15")) I get the correct values but still before November 3 no values.

Please HELP.
    Baruch

Re: Diferent Symbols?

Baruch
    The syntax should be close(0, sym("NQ #F,15"))
    What you instead used is the [old] efs1 syntax which syncs the external symbols and/or intervals by bar index which means that unless both symbols have the same exact bars you may not get the external values to be aligned to the appropriate bar in the chart. When using the efs2 syntax the external symbols and/or intervals are synced by date and time which ensures that their values are correctly aligned to the appropriate bars in the chart (see enclosed screenshot)
    Use a Time Template set to load the required number of bars rather than a Dynamic Time Template. For information on Time Templates see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by baruchs
    Hi,
    I'm trying to show on "ES #F" chart values from diferent symbols and I have several problems.
    1. If I show close(0,"NQ #F,15") on my ES 15min chart I get diferent values as in NQ chart and before November 3 I get no values at all. I draged the NQ chart and there I do see the bars.
    2. With close(0,sym("$UVOL,15")) I get the correct values but still before November 3 no values.

Please HELP.
    Baruch

Comment

Working...
    X