This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Price Profile study

a free copy of market profile for eSignal can be downloaded from www.futurenets.co.uk "Free Downloads"
    Paul Williams
    Strategy & Applications
    www.futurenets.co.uk

MarketProfile_v1.1.efs

a free copy of MarketProfile for eSignal can be downloaded from www.futurenets.co.uk "Free Downloads"
    Paul Williams
    Strategy & Applications
    www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

MarketProfile_v1.2.efs

a free copy of MarketProfile for eSignal can be downloaded from www.futurenets.co.uk "Free Downloads"
      Paul Williams
      Strategy & Applications
      www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

MarketProfile_v1.21.efs

a free copy of MarketProfile for eSignal can be downloaded from http://www.futurenets.co.uk "Free Downloads" or eSignal's file share http://forum.esignal.com/
        Paul Williams
        Strategy & Applications
        www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

MarketProfile_v1.22.efs

a free copy of MarketProfile for eSignal can be downloaded from http://www.futurenets.co.uk "Free Downloads" or eSignal's file share http://forum.esignal.com/
          Paul Williams
          Strategy & Applications
          www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

all feedback appreciated ... MarketProfile_v1.22.efs

Paul Williams
            Strategy & Applications
            www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

Really it looks good.

Some observations though: the initial balance is not self-obvious. I assume that the red colored bars are the initial balance during the first hour? half hour?

Maybe identifying the POC would be a good addition. Lines across the chart to identify the value zone in addition to coloring the bars blue.

And the Market Range, I'm still unsure as to how exactly this is used in conjunction with your MP script despite reading the file's comments.

Still, I like.

Comment

thanks JT47319 and yes Red = 1st hour initial balance, Blue = 1st standard deviation.

Profile Type
                1. Balance Day - prices stay within initial balance range.
                2. Directional Day - prices extend in one direction above or below the initial balance range.
                3. Trend Day - prices move significantly away from the initial balance range.
                4. Uncertain Day - prices extend in both directions above and below the initial balance range.

MarketRange simply consists of 3 plots:

1. Average hi/lo range over the last say 5 days (black lines)
                2. How much of that average range has been consumed so far in the current trading day (blue lines)
                3. Where is the price now in relation to todays range (red lines).
                Paul Williams
                Strategy & Applications
                www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

I am missing getPrevDaysOHLC.efs. Could you tell me where I can get it? Marketrange requires it.
                  Last edited by Freeman; 07-26-2003, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Freeman
                    You can find a copy of getPrevDaysOHLC.efs here
                    Alex

Comment

Great! But Composite didn't work

It looks great BUT when I changed composite to a number (ie 2) from the blank or null in the properties window, nothing displayed. If I removed the number and left it blank again, it showed one day. I tried it on the ES with .25, .50 as tick sizes, also tried it on the US U3 with a tick size of .03125 (1/32). Same results in both places, works with nothing in the composite field, disappears with any number I tried.

Thanks,
                      Duster

Comment

Duster, just tried composite but cannot reproduce your problem. Do you have the latest version?
                        Paul Williams
                        Strategy & Applications
                        www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

Paul,

I have the latest version 1.22. Here are some screen prints.

When I went to print I noticed the composite printed several days back. I tried a 2 and 4 and the composite looks the same. See the pics. Not sure how the composite works but thought it would be like a composite number of days where 2=2 days and 4=4 days.

But I only see the one set of composite numbers. Maybe it is a total of days no matter what number is entered. That would be really good as the more days the better the long term distribution. Would be extra good if it printed the whole composite profile closer to the to the last bar.

I think you are on to something.

Thanks,
                          Duster

PS It looks like I can only attach one PNG at a time. I have 3 so will attach separately.
                          Attached Files

Comment

This one has Composite=2. Looks identical to Composite=4 in the next message.

Thanks,
                            Duster
                            Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3 of 3. This one has composite=4. Why does it print so many days back?

See first two posts for explanations.

Thanks for your help
                              Duster.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X