Finding getBarState() for a different Interval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding getBarState() for a different Interval

I am viewing a 5 minute chart and want to process some special code when a new 1 minute bar is created. Is there a way or feature to accomplish this. Ideally the code would look like this...

if (getBarState(inv(1)) == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
    ... do something ...
    }

Re: Finding getBarState() for a different Interval

CurtS
    You need to use getBarStateInterval() For the description and syntax of this function see the link to the article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by CurtS
    I am viewing a 5 minute chart and want to process some special code when a new 1 minute bar is created. Is there a way or feature to accomplish this. Ideally the code would look like this...

if (getBarState(inv(1)) == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
    ... do something ...
    }

Comment

Thanks Alex.

I didn't see this option in the Help file in the EFS Editor. Is there a way to update my Help file?

Comment

CurtS
        You are most welcome
        You should reference the EFS KnowledgeBase as it contains the most current documentation. FYI as of version 10.3 the Help link in the Formula Editor points to the EFS KnowledgeBase
        Alex

Thanks Alex.

I didn't see this option in the Help file in the EFS Editor. Is there a way to update my Help file?

Comment

Alex,

Is there any plan to add inv() as a parameter to the AdvancedGET studies?

Comment

CurtS
            That is a question that you need to redirect to someone at eSignal.
            Regardless you can already run the Get Studies in the context of an external symbol and/or interval by calculating them in a separate function or efs that you call using efsInternal() or efsExternal() and to which you pass the external symbol and/or interval using sym() or inv().
            If you search the forum you should find some examples that I posted a while back that illustrate how to do this
            Alex

Alex,

Is there any plan to add inv() as a parameter to the AdvancedGET studies?

Comment

Alexis, do you know if this problem with getBarStateInterval has been fixed?

And on the subject of the depracated help file, is there any chance of getting the KB sorted out? It has no cross-referencing for the depracated functions / duplicated, such as day() rather than getDay() and highest() and hhv(), has faulty descriptions (Tick) and rawTick(), year values), and is thus not as helpful as it could be. Perhaps you could have a word in the ear of someone who might listen.

Dave
              PS: And if the knowledge base could also be constructed so that the "list" entry (like "Utility functions" in the Utility "chapter") appeared on the first page rather than sorted alphabetically in the fuction list that would help too.
              Last edited by Dave180; 01-29-2009, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X