Capturing Values from addLineTool()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing Values from addLineTool()

I am presently using addLineTool() to draw certain Extensions and Rays onto a price chart. Attached is a basic example.

What I would like to do is grab, for a specific bar, the values of the resulting lines that addLineTool() draws. Is this possible and are there any examples? I can't seem to find any when I search.

If not, is there any other suggested methodology for drawing, say, a Ray and capturing the values.

Regards,
    zMendel
    Attached Files

zMendel, hi
    PHP Code:
    xRAY    getSeries("ray"0); 
    is a conceptual great idea, but I've never seen it documented as supported and adding some debug statements suggest that a series is not created.
    Do you have any evidence that this kind of series can be created?

As for getting the Price value at other Bars (which is what I think you want), won't simple extrapolation of the Price at Bar a and Bar b do the trick, along the lines of
    PHP Code:
    Pn Pa + ((PbPa) / (Bb Ba)) * (Bn Ba

Comment

I've built alerts that work off lines and other features. You can do it with the right logic...

You have to "trap" click events (using a menu of options or a single process), then setup needed efs features.

It's not hard, except for the logic part. You have to complete a process, then report it, then wait for another.....

With efs, you can build whatever you need as long as you know what you're doing.

The easiest way to calculate line/ray/other breach is to test for a "cross" of the projected level..

You do this by marking "events" of a cross into an array or storage container, then projecting slope of the line/ray/? to the current bar.

From there, you can test for a from (or for previous bars). If you need help, PM me??

With regards to internal line tools within esignal, you're not going to find them of use.. You need to do it within EFS.
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

eg, look at SteveHare's trend_line_alert_9_18_2005.efs for inspiration, it has a "memory", my copy may have been edited and I can't find the original but I'm sure with a bit of poking around it will turn up.

Comment

Working...
        X