Newbie Needs Help with KAMA.efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Needs Help with KAMA.efs

I just started started using eSignal advanced charting today so I'm not at all familiar with the efs language. I have set up and plotted 5 KAMA indicators and I notice on my old P3-450 machine that the computer cannot properly calculate KAMA in real time. It has no problem at all after the market is closed.

Could someone offer a version of KAMA that has 2 modifications:

1) Calculate only on the close of the bar. This will substantially reduce CPU usuage and for me the indicator is still very useful.

2) Lag or offset the KAMA line 1 bar into the future so the plot lines up with the currently plotted price bar. This also has the effect of creating a sharper cut-off at market turns.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Rick

Rick

Yes there is an issue with the KAMA (and some other formulae) as it is programmed now and eSignal and others are looking into it.

At this moment the option to calculate on close rather than tick by tick is available AFAIK only in the beta version of eSignal but you could register with the beta program and download it once approved.

There is a better and fully functional version of the KAMA available in the Mechos group in FileShare. It is AMA.efs (there is also an AMABands.efs) and does not exhibit the problem of the KAMA.
    Besides the bands the AMABands offers some additional features with regards to the AMA but those are easily ported to the AMA formula (even I managed to do it by myself).
    If needed I can provide you with my copy.

Alex

Comment

Working...
    X