• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart Updates with offsetSeries

if(Symbol == null) {Symbol = getSymbol();}
    if(Interval == null) {Interval = getInterval();}
    var vSymbol = Symbol+","+Interval;
    xMA1 = offsetSeries(eval(Type)(Length1,eval(Source)(sym(v Symbol))),Offset);

In the above, all of the parameters are passed into main from the functional parameters in premain. This works fine when offset=0. When offset is a negative number, the chart does not update. My return statement uses xMA1.getValue(0).

I searched the forum but couldn't find any specifics. Any ideas about this problem are appreciated Thanks.

Bob
    Last edited by AssetHound; 02-20-2009, 07:23 AM.

Re: Chart Updates with offsetSeries

Bob
    When using a negative offset the plot can be updated by the efs engine only if you are returning a series and not a value.
    If for any reason you want/need to return a value then you need to update the plot yourself using the setBar() function. If you run a search for negative offset you will find several threads on the subject that will provide you with examples on how to do it.
    Alex

Originally posted by AssetHound
    if(Symbol == null) {Symbol = getSymbol();}
    if(Interval == null) {Interval = getInterval();}
    var vSymbol = Symbol+","+Interval;
    xMA1 = offsetSeries(eval(Type)(Length1,eval(Source)(sym(v Symbol))),Offset);

In the above, all of the parameters are passed into main from the functional parameters in premain. This works fine when offset=0. When offset is a negative number, the chart does not update. My return statement uses xMA1.getValue(0).

I searched the forum but couldn't find any specifics. Any ideas about this problem are appreciated Thanks.

Bob

Comment

Re: Re: Chart Updates with offsetSeries

Thanks, Alex.

Bob

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      Bob
      When using a negative offset the plot can be updated by the efs engine only if you are returning a series and not a value.
      If for any reason you want/need to return a value then you need to update the plot yourself using the setBar() function. If you run a search for negative offset you will find several threads on the subject that will provide you with examples on how to do it.
      Alex

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Chart Updates with offsetSeries

Bob
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by AssetHound
        Thanks, Alex.

Bob

Comment

Working...
        X