I can't change Bollinger Piercing components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't change Bollinger Piercing components

I am running v 10.3.1491.1162 on a Vista 64 bit machine.

I am trying to modify the bollinger Piercing program found under:
    Formula
    Wizard
    Alerts
    Bollinger Bands Piercing.efs

If I try to change the periods to 10 from 20, the alert will not pop up unless I change the time frame and go back.

(To quickly show my point, change the < to > and vice versa in the conditional tests. This should automatically kick out an alert as the close() will have to either be above the lower band or below the upper band at all times.)

Has anybody else seen this problem? This used to work when I was on my 32 bit machine
    Attached Files

Hi,

I don't have a Vista 64 bit machine but try this EFS2 version of the script. Note: Due to the changes, you probably cannot modify it with the Wizard any longer.

wayne
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, but I am still not getting an alert when pierced.

Bob

Comment

Hi,

FWIW this script does not plot the lower bollinger band and only pops up a text window (Tools-Alert Window from the eSignal toolbar) when price crosses it. It does not produce a sound signal.
        It correctly does so on my machine running eSignal Ver. 10.2 and Windows XP.

ps. I added the line plot in this image so you could correlate the crosses with the Alert Window output.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by waynecd; 02-25-2009, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Here is a post that resolves some issues with eSignal run under Vista.

http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....threadid=25576

Also, make sure that the Alert List is enabled as shown below.

wayne
          Attached Files

Comment

Waynecd, that may have been it.

But I don't understand how it worked at times, but, the second I changed a component, it stopped working.

I'll check. Thanks

Comment

Nope, that wasn't it. I can use the preexisting bb piercing; but if I try to change a compnent, it won't work.

It did on my old machine.

Comment

Hi,

I assume that by component you mean BB length or standard deviation.
                Nope, that wasn't it. I can use the preexisting bb piercing; but if I try to change a compnent, it won't work.
                It may be that the new parameters don't trigger the alerts. To verify this I added some menu selections (accessed via the charts Edit Studies) that allow you to have a plot or not, and to change the lower BB length and standard deviation. I also added sound alert or not, so you can see and hear the cross if you want to.
                Note: this efs will only execute on the completion of the current bar which stops repeated alerts intrabar.

Try leaving the plot = true and change the other parameters so you can see on the chart when the close(0) actually crosses the lower BB.

wayne
                Attached Files
                Last edited by waynecd; 02-26-2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Hi,

It seems I misread the original script and so my script had omissions .

This script will alert on both price close above the upper BB and price cross below the lower BB. Once triggered, the alert will reset if price crosses the middle BB.

wayne
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by waynecd; 02-26-2009, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Comment

YW

wayne

Comment

Hi,

fwiw:

The script 3 posts below (bollinger_bands_piercing[esf2]1.efs) resets the alert only when there is a close on the opposite side of the mid BB.

The attached efs allows you to select the reset activation on a close or touch of the mid BB. I believe it is an improvement.

wayne
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by waynecd; 03-01-2009, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X