Extracting value from External EFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extracting value from External EFS

I am trying to create a colored line of a ADX D minus from an external efs. I have a "not Defined" error on line 23. Can anyone help.
    Also, IS there a template where I can turn this colored D minus line into a moving average so I can overlay it onto the ticks.

Thanks....Dave D
    Attached Files

Re: Extracting value from External EFS

Dave
    I am not sure why you are calling an external efs to retrieve the current and prior values of the NDI when you can do that using the ndi() function (see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase for the description and syntax of the function)
    A simpler solution is to replace the following lines [which are incorrect btw]
    PHP Code:
    vValue efsExternal("/library/ADXDM.efs")(vADXDM.getValue(ADXDMStudy.NDI));
    var 
    vClose efsExternal("/library/ADXDM.efs")(vADX.getValue(ADXDMStudy.NDI,-1)); 
    with
    PHP Code:
    vValue ndi(nInputLength,nInputLength); 
    to call the ndi() function and then in the rest of the code replace each instance of vValue with vValue.getValue(0) which retrieves the current value of the NDI and each instance of vClose with vValue.getValue(-1) which retrieves the value of the NDI at the prior bar
    Alex

Originally posted by ddawson7
    I am trying to create a colored line of a ADX D minus from an external efs. I have a "not Defined" error on line 23. Can anyone help.
    Also, IS there a template where I can turn this colored D minus line into a moving average so I can overlay it onto the ticks.

Thanks....Dave D

Comment

Working...
    X