Overlays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlays

I wonder if e-Signal has the capability to add overlays linked to excel ASCII data to background.
    It could be used to overlay other stock data or forecasts.
    Also it could be used to overlay graphic ephemeris.

I know that Ensign has such capability. It can also tile overlay data at desired point interval, let's say every $36 or $90 or $360 or whatever points.

I wonder how e-Signal capabilities could be expanded in such a way. Is there a plug in for that or a script?

Thank you.

Hello greg108,

EFS can access information from text files through File I/O and return that data to your chart or study. However, I don't think you'll be able to overlay a graphic ephemeris. The price pane does not have a dual y-axis for overlaying two different studies that have differences in scale.

As for displaying data at specific point intervals, similar to a pivot study for example, an EFS formula does have the ability to do that by returning data to the chart directly or by using our drawing functions.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason, Would it be possible to have a file of asset symbols and overlay those symbols on a chart based on certain test criteria (ie STO oversold, MA crossover, Elliott wave number, or Fib retrace etc)? or better yet to replace the symbol in the current chart with one from the file.

Comment

Hello pj909,

Changing the chart symbol through EFS isn't possible as far as I know. In regards to reading data from a text file, why do you need to get the data out of a text file? Why not include study objects within your formula and reference there values that way? Perhaps I need more details as to what you are trying to accomplish.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

I am looking for a method to create my own scans. The various Scanners offered by eSignal are not granular enough. I thought I might be able to have my list of stocks in a file and use the efs to test whatever my strategy is on every symbol in that list. If the test is true pause the scan and plot the symbol overlayed or better by itself.

Comment

Hello pj909,

I understand now, thank you. However, I'm sorry to say but EFS will not allow you to accomplish this, there's a symbol limit of 5 in EFS.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
            EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

I was aware of the 5 limit. That's why I wanted to keep the symbols externally and read them in one at a time, test it, and plot if the test is true. After seeing your comment on file I/O with external text files I thought it might be possible.

Comment

Working...
              X