Hollow body Candlesticks do not color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollow body Candlesticks do not color

Using Bill Williams MFI coloring scheme on candlestick charts the Hollow body candlesticks have no color. Attacned is the EFS file. Solid body bars work correctly.
    Any ideas on fixes for this EFS Script?
    Attached Files

Re: Hollow body Candlesticks do not color

Minotaur
    Right click the chart, select Edit Studies from the context menu then in the Edit Studies dialog box uncheck the Use Outline Color to outline candles. Click OK
    Once you make this change the outline of the candle's body should be painted in the color defined in the script
    Alex

Originally posted by Minotaur
    Using Bill Williams MFI coloring scheme on candlestick charts the Hollow body candlesticks have no color. Attacned is the EFS file. Solid body bars work correctly.
    Any ideas on fixes for this EFS Script?

Comment

Minotaur
      If you also want the wicks painted in the same color of the body then you need to open the script and replace each instance of fWickColor in lines 141, 144, 147 150 and 153 with the color assigned in those same lines respectively fUpColor, fFadeColor, fFakeColor, fSquatColor and fDefColor
      Alex

Comment

Re: Re: Hollow body Candlesticks do not color

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
        Minotaur
        Right click the chart, select Edit Studies from the context menu then in the Edit Studies dialog box uncheck the Use Outline Color to outline candles. Click OK
        Once you make this change the outline of the candle's body should be painted in the color defined in the script
        Alex
        Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, there is no change. I have experimented with the various combinations in the dialog box, to no avail. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Hollow body Candlesticks do not color

Minotaur
          The candle outlines appear to be colored at my end when unchecking that option
          Alternatively don't use the "Hollow Candles" parameter in the efs and just use the Hollow option for the Up and Down color in the Edit Studies dialog box
          Alex

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, there is no change. I have experimented with the various combinations in the dialog box, to no avail. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
            Minotaur
            If you also want the wicks painted in the same color of the body then you need to open the script and replace each instance of fWickColor in lines 141, 144, 147 150 and 153 with the color assigned in those same lines respectively fUpColor, fFadeColor, fFakeColor, fSquatColor and fDefColor
            Alex
            Will this repair color the outline of the body also? Or are wick and body outline seperate features? You are on the right track. When I look carefully the wick and body outline (regardless of hollow or filled) are black. Therefore, the only color being applied is when the body is filled, or close below open.

Comment

Minotiaur
              Contrary to what I indicated earlier the wick and outline colors are not separate so you will need to also color the wicks [or set the wick color parameter to null] to be able to color the outline (see my previous reply for the changes required to do this)
              Alex

Will this repair color the outline of the body also? Or are wick and body outline seperate features? You are on the right track. When I look carefully the wick and body outline (regardless of hollow or filled) are black. Therefore, the only color being applied is when the body is filled, or close below open.

Comment

Working...
              X