Lag/crash when drawing Support/Resistance using EFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag/crash when drawing Support/Resistance using EFS

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to draw thousands of horizontal support/resistance lines with EFS without lagging/crash?

Below is the attachment of the EFS with 288 horizontal lines. It works fine, but it took me 5 Minutes to load, though. However, with 2888 lines, eSignal won't load it and it simply crashes.

My enquiries are as follows:

1. Is this the proper code to draw s/r lines on EFS, as it seems lagging, slow, unstable, and took forever to load. Is there a faster and less cpu intensive coding?
    2. How do I made the 2888 lines to load, but only load once, so that it can be used for the rest of the day without using CPU power on every bar update (or better, none of the bar/update at all)?
    3. How do I save the lines so that it can be edited with eSignal's line tools?

Note: I can't upload the 2888 lines efs as the upload size is limited in this forum.

Any full/partial replies are very much appreciated. Thank you

Regards,

Wilson T
    Attached Files

1) I've always found the addLine function to be less CPU intensive for drawing simple S/R lines, i.e. horizonatal lines such as yours. I tested it with many thousands of lines (for the sake of completeness not necessity) and it it was workable, so your 2800 lines shouldn't be an issue.

2) If you move your existing code (or even include addLine(s) instead) so that it lies within the curly brackest associated with the getBarState() == BARSTATE_ALLBARS block, rather than outside it (as you have it now) it will only load once.

3) No idea (sorry).

HTH.

Regards.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for your very quick and highly informative reply, sir.

I'll test out your advice immediately

Once again, thank you! (thumbs up)

Best regards,

Wilson T

Comment

Wilson,

My mistake. The EFS function you need to use is addBand() NOT the addLineTool(). addBand is much, much, less intensive than drawLine (relative or absolute) for some reason.

Sorry for the confusion, but it's a while since I used it for anything.

Regards.

Comment

Wilson,

I've also just noticed that in the new version of eSignal the efs editor help link, i.e. the question mark, links to the browser based help. This is nowhere near as comprehensive as the old compiled HTML help files (I don't know why eSignal have done this).

In looking for help on addBand() or a number of other functions, you are better off ging to the eSignal directory on your computer and opening up the eSignalEFS2 compiled HTML help.

Regards.

Comment

-

Hello sandpiper,

The chm tool was not updated for a couple years actually. The most current documentation resides in the web-based EFS KB. The EFS KB also includes a tutorial section, links to JavaScript how-to videos, the entire core JavaScript Reference and Guide. In addition to that, the EFS KB contains our EFS Library of over 350 open source studies.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

Ah yes. I can now see that everything is included either under the A-Z glossary or on multiple pages of the breakdown by section. I do believe I missed the "next" button at the bottom!!!!

Thanks for that.

Regards.
              Last edited by sandpiper; 05-07-2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X