Ensuring bands always appear on autoscaled charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ensuring bands always appear on autoscaled charts

I need to ensure that a band created using the addBand() function will always appear on an autoscaled chart, regardless of where it is relative to charted price action. Can I do this?

Re: Ensuring bands always appear on autoscaled charts

Wat Tyler
    You will not be able to do that using the addBand() function. You need to plot the line by returning its value from the script
    Alex

Originally posted by Wat Tyler
    I need to ensure that a band created using the addBand() function will always appear on an autoscaled chart, regardless of where it is relative to charted price action. Can I do this?

Comment

Re: Re: Ensuring bands always appear on autoscaled charts

Thanks Alex . I've just tried using addLineTool(LineTool.HORZ, y, nThickness, Color, name) but still don't get the line always appearing. Which function should I be using?

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      Wat Tyler
      You will not be able to do that using the addBand() function. You need to plot the line by returning its value from the script
      Alex

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Ensuring bands always appear on autoscaled charts

Wat Tyler
        As I indicated in my previous reply you need to return the value from the script [ie plot the line rather than drawing it]. IOW it needs to be in the return statement
        Alex

Thanks Alex . I've just tried using addLineTool(LineTool.HORZ, y, nThickness, Color, name) but still don't get the line always appearing. Which function should I be using?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ensuring bands always appear on autoscaled charts

Ah, - I see what you mean. Thanks!

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          Wat Tyler
          As I indicated in my previous reply you need to return the value from the script [ie plot the line rather than drawing it]. IOW it needs to be in the return statement
          Alex

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ensuring bands always appear on autoscaled charts

Wat Tyler
            You are most welcome
            Alex

Ah, - I see what you mean. Thanks!

Comment

One more thing - can I make the plot invisible somehow (other than by making it's coloe equal to the background)?

Comment

Wat Tyler
                Not that I am aware of [assuming you are using the plot for the purpose discussed in this thread]
                Alex

One more thing - can I make the plot invisible somehow (other than by making it's coloe equal to the background)?

Comment

Working...
                X