Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get diff indicators like RSI, Bollinger Bands from esignal to excel

Dear Sir,

a)I wanted to add different studies like RSI, Bollinger Bands, Stochastics from esignal to excel.
    How do we do that? Do we need to make DDE EFS for RSI and other indicators like we do for moving average DDE EMA30

b)I wanted the moving average of different periods like 12, 20,50 and 200 on excel from esignal, so do we need to write seperate DDE EMA for 12,20,50 and 200 or can we get some thing combined where we need to only change the time period.

c)Whenever i get the DDE EMa 20 on the excel for different stocks, is it mandatory to plot the EMA 20 on all those stocks and keep the charts open or there is some saving option. Coz when i restart the esignal my excel file does not show the EMA20 values. It shows #NAME? and hence i have to type the =eSignal|efs!EMA20induD everytime by plotting the moving average on all stock charts again.

Regards
    Milind

Anything fancier than the simple DDE output via EFS would likely require other EFS programming so I'll move this thread over to that section for the EFS gurus to see.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: How to get diff indicators like RSI, Bollinger Bands from esignal to excel

Milind

Do we need to make DDE EFS for RSI and other indicators like we do for moving average DDE EMA30
      Yes

do we need to write seperate DDE EMA for 12,20,50 and 200 or can we get some thing combined where we need to only change the time period.
      You need a separate DDE link for each average. That said all the averages can be calculated in the same efs

Whenever i get the DDE EMa 20 on the excel for different stocks, is it mandatory to plot the EMA 20 on all those stocks and keep the charts open or there is some saving option
      The chart(s) must be open with the efs running for the DDE link(s) to work
      Alex

Originally posted by kalpeshkrt2
      Dear Sir,

a)I wanted to add different studies like RSI, Bollinger Bands, Stochastics from esignal to excel.
      How do we do that? Do we need to make DDE EFS for RSI and other indicators like we do for moving average DDE EMA30

b)I wanted the moving average of different periods like 12, 20,50 and 200 on excel from esignal, so do we need to write seperate DDE EMA for 12,20,50 and 200 or can we get some thing combined where we need to only change the time period.

c)Whenever i get the DDE EMa 20 on the excel for different stocks, is it mandatory to plot the EMA 20 on all those stocks and keep the charts open or there is some saving option. Coz when i restart the esignal my excel file does not show the EMA20 values. It shows #NAME? and hence i have to type the =eSignal|efs!EMA20induD everytime by plotting the moving average on all stock charts again.

Regards
      Milind

Comment

Working...
      X