Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EOD EFS formulas are being written to Realtime charts multiple times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOD EFS formulas are being written to Realtime charts multiple times.

Hello,

I've got some EFS indicators I want to use on real time charts.

They would be fine expect for the fact that the signal for a given price bar is being written several times...each 6 seconds (or howerver long data is updated with real time) and I need it to update the bar only once...so the issue is the procedure to write to the chart needs to be called just before moving to the next bar...

Is there such a thng?

Thanks in advance for any help...

gguindon

Re: EOD EFS formulas are being written to Realtime charts multiple times.

gguindon
    The simplest solution is to add a setComputeOnClose() statement in preMain. This will force the efs to execute only once per bar when a new bar is formed. The drawback is that the entire formula is executed only once per bar.
    The alternative is to use the getBarState() function to execute only portions of code once only at each new bar. For the description and syntax of these functions see the links to the related articles in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by gguindon
    Hello,

I've got some EFS indicators I want to use on real time charts.

They would be fine expect for the fact that the signal for a given price bar is being written several times...each 6 seconds (or howerver long data is updated with real time) and I need it to update the bar only once...so the issue is the procedure to write to the chart needs to be called just before moving to the next bar...

Is there such a thng?

Thanks in advance for any help...

gguindon

Comment

Working...
    X