X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS being auto reloading multiple times

Hello,

When an EFS using something like close(0, sym("AnotherSymbl")) or
    close(0, inv("AnotherInterval")) to access multiple symbol or interval serieses, the EFS would be executed multiple times because for the first time, the second symbol data is not ready yet. Then when the data stream of the second symbol arrives, it seems the EFS would be reloaded. However it seems the times the EFS being reloaded is not exactly equal to the number of symbols (excluding the primary symbol) accessed by the EFS. Can someone explain the exact rules/mechanism/timing regarding such EFS reloading issue?

- Clearpicks

As I understand it (from just watching how esignal works and playing with code) :

When you first load a unique symbol/interval series, esignal loads and syncs a corresponding data set based on the requirements of your efs. That means based on your time template and efs requirements, you could be loading quite a bit of data and CPU time on a re-load.

Now, once the data system loads the required (reload) data, it runs your efs script to the current bar.

Then, it maintains the data sets/sources in RT as needed.

If you call a unique NEW symbol/internal combintation in RT, it replaces and syncs (sometimes calling new data from the servers) as needed on the next tick.

I hope this helps?

The esignal people know better than I do.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X