Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving descriptions as well as values from efsExternal

Hi All,

I'm using Arps Toolkit, and specifically the AutoDivergence tool. It supplies indicators such as Pivot Buy, Pivot Sell, Trend Buy, Trend Sell.

Using efsExternal I can get the value of the Divergence, but without the Description I cannot determine which type of indicator it is (Pivot Buy, Pivot Sell etc.).

My code is very basic:

if (AutoDivergence == null) {
    AutoDivergence = efsExternal("/Advanced/Arps Crown Jewels/Arps AutoDivergence Tool.efs")
    }

debugPrintln("AutoDivergenceValue: " + AutoDivergence.getValue(0));

How do I go about getting the actual description that goes with the value? When the Arps AutoDivergence Tool.efs is added to a chart it shows the points and provides a field called 'Description:' which tells you which indicator it is.

I'm sure this is exceptionally simple!

Cheers,
    - Will

Re: Retrieving descriptions as well as values from efsExternal

Will
    The efsExternal() [and efsInternal()] function can only retrieve values that are numbers and not strings [such as the Description you are referring to]. For a solution see the most recent posts in this thread which deal with an almost identical situation
    Alex

Originally posted by willk
    Hi All,

I'm using Arps Toolkit, and specifically the AutoDivergence tool. It supplies indicators such as Pivot Buy, Pivot Sell, Trend Buy, Trend Sell.

Using efsExternal I can get the value of the Divergence, but without the Description I cannot determine which type of indicator it is (Pivot Buy, Pivot Sell etc.).

My code is very basic:

if (AutoDivergence == null) {
    AutoDivergence = efsExternal("/Advanced/Arps Crown Jewels/Arps AutoDivergence Tool.efs")
    }

debugPrintln("AutoDivergenceValue: " + AutoDivergence.getValue(0));

How do I go about getting the actual description that goes with the value? When the Arps AutoDivergence Tool.efs is added to a chart it shows the points and provides a field called 'Description:' which tells you which indicator it is.

I'm sure this is exceptionally simple!

Cheers,
    - Will

Comment

Thanks Alex!

Comment

Will
        My pleasure
        Alex

Originally posted by willk
        Thanks Alex!

Comment