Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adx(), pdi(), ndi() query re smoothing

Hi
    All three of adx(), pdi(), ndi() are documented as taking the smoothing parameter.

I thought that just the ADX calculation used smoothing and this is also implied by the way the Edit Studies dialog is laid out for Basic Studies/Directional Movement.

Can anyone enlighten me, and also compare DIs vs DMs?

Thanks

Dave

Re: adx(), pdi(), ndi() query re smoothing

Dave180
    The second parameter is required but not used in the pdi() and ndi() functions.
    As far as I know the parameter was included in those functions for the sake of consistency between all the ADX functions (and partly also for continuity with the legacy efs function of the same study where both parameters were required albeit for different reasons).
    FWIW the same is true of some other efs2 functions such as the stochK() and stochD() functions where the third parameter of the stochK() function is required but not used
    Alex

Originally posted by Dave180
    Hi
    All three of adx(), pdi(), ndi() are documented as taking the smoothing parameter.

I thought that just the ADX calculation used smoothing and this is also implied by the way the Edit Studies dialog is laid out for Basic Studies/Directional Movement.

Can anyone enlighten me, and also compare DIs vs DMs?

Thanks

Dave

Comment

Thanks Alexis, pity eSig still can't get anywhere with improving the documentation.
      Dave
      [PS: edit, and I see that forum posting relaibility hasn't improved, sorry for delay in response]

Comment

Working...
      X