Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plot Difference Between Two markets

Hello,

I have a quick question for now. I just wanted to know if it was possible to use an .efs script to create a new chart based on the difference between the data of 2 seperate markets.

For example, lets say I wanted to chart the difference between the daily % change between "Market A" & "Market B". Lets say the difference is not that great and it fluctuates between +1.00% & -1.00%. Would it be possible to create a chart with a line that oscillates below & above the 0% line? Can this chart appear in the main area or does it have to be in the indicators section just under the main chart window?

As soon as someone can confirm that it is possible, I will look further into how to construct the .efs script as I am fairly new to .efs programming.

Thanks in advance,
    kbw

Re: Plot Difference Between Two markets

kbw

if it was possible to use an .efs script to create a new chart based on the difference between the data of 2 seperate markets.
    You do not necessarily need an efs to do that. Just use the spread functionality that is available in eSignal.
    For information on how to use this functionality see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by kbw
    Hello,

I have a quick question for now. I just wanted to know if it was possible to use an .efs script to create a new chart based on the difference between the data of 2 seperate markets.

For example, lets say I wanted to chart the difference between the daily % change between "Market A" & "Market B". Lets say the difference is not that great and it fluctuates between +1.00% & -1.00%. Would it be possible to create a chart with a line that oscillates below & above the 0% line? Can this chart appear in the main area or does it have to be in the indicators section just under the main chart window?

As soon as someone can confirm that it is possible, I will look further into how to construct the .efs script as I am fairly new to .efs programming.

Thanks in advance,
    kbw

Comment

Hi Alexis,

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. I will look into it with great detail now and try to create the type of chart I need.

Im guessing that if I have any further questions, I should post them in another section of the forum as it does not actually relate to efs.

Thanks,
      kbw

Comment

kbw
        You are most welcome.

Im guessing that if I have any further questions, I should post them in another section of the forum as it does not actually relate to efs.
        If the questions are regarding the spread functionality then you are correct
        Alex

Originally posted by kbw
        Hi Alexis,

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. I will look into it with great detail now and try to create the type of chart I need.

Thanks,
        kbw

Comment

Working...
        X